Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice cheap restaurants in Limerick city

• 02-05-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants in Limerick city center that have 2 main courses with a bottle of wine deals. Looking for a going out option for tonight :) Were not picky on the cuisine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

ammiem wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants in Limerick city center that have 2 main courses with a bottle of wine deals. Looking for a going out option for tonight :) Were not picky on the cuisine!

The George do a three course meal for two people with a bottle of wine for €60. 30 quid each, not too shabby! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Ankhyu wrote: »
    The George do a three course meal for two people with a bottle of wine for €60. 30 quid each, not too shabby! :)

Not what I would consider cheap, and one course more than requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Geniass wrote: »
    Not what I would consider cheap, and one course more than requested.

Just a suggestion, it was the first thing that came to mind. OP can take it or leave it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ammiem

Someone else mentioned the George to me too actually, I must try it out sometime. For tonight €60 is a bit pricey tho unfortunately. Weve a long weekend to consider here :) Thanks for the option tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

Dragon Phoenix restaurant in raheen two course meal for 12 euro

• Advertisement

Dragon Phoenix restaurant in raheen two course meal for 12 euro

€12?? for 2 main courses? That is cheap! Unfortunately thats a bit too far out. The taxi would probably cost what we save on dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What's your idea of cheap OP?

bazz26 wrote: »
    What's your idea of cheap OP?

Well say €40 max. What ever that can get us with a bottle of wine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say you will struggle with that, even on a regular weekend. You might get a 2 or 3 course for €20 or €25 per person but probably won't include wine.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say you will struggle with that, even on a regular weekend. You might get a 2 or 3 course for €20 or €25 per person but probably won't include wine.
    I was thinking that alright.... You never know tho, someone could know of a hidden treasure out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

bambu thai on o'connell st beside texas steakhouse do 3courses plus bottle wine for 2people for 40euro. lovely food but it might be busy as it not that big. definitely worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The carvery in Scott's is second to none so I'd say their evening menu would be no different!

Advertisement