Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceili/Set Dancing Teacher

Options
  • 02-05-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm looking to book a teacher for a night of ceili dancing or set dancing for a group of young adults. Everything I've found online has been adult classes, but we are looking for someone to come to us and teach a few different dances for just one night. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Okay, you're actually looking at two seperate types of dancing there. For céili dancing, you'll want an Irish dance teacher. For set dancing, you'll want a Sean Nós dance teacher. They're quite different styles of dancing so you wouldn't really find someone who teaches both!

So after you decide which type you actually want, I'd say google a few dance teachers of whichever type in your area and then just mail them and see if they'd be willing to come teach for the single night. It wouldn't be a service Irish dance teachers would advertise (as they're busy teaching their own classes on a regular basis) but if it's just a one-off I wouldn't say it'd be too hard to find one who agrees to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Konata wrote: »
    Okay, you're actually looking at two seperate types of dancing there. For céili dancing, you'll want an Irish dance teacher. For set dancing, you'll want a Sean Nós dance teacher. They're quite different styles of dancing so you wouldn't really find someone who teaches both!.

I disagree, I think most set dancers or those who teach set dancing would be very very familliar with ceili dancing, they have been in my experience anyway, many of the set dance nights I have gone to have added in a little ceili too.

you should look on this website http://www.setdancingnews.net/ and you will see a list of teachers and classes, I suppose you could ring a few of them and see if any of them do what you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scoil Rince Ni Dhuibh

Hi, I am available to teach a once off class or be involved in a Ceili night. I am a qualified Irish dancing teacher and can teach basic steps, followed by Ceili dances (of your choice if you like). I don't do set or ceilí dancing. Please contact me on or 0858142663 (after 6pm) to discuss further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Scoil Rince Ni Dhuibh

Hi, I am available to teach a once off class or be involved in a Ceili night. I am a qualified Irish dancing teacher and can teach basic steps, followed by Ceili dances (of your choice if you like). I don't do set or ceilí dancing. Please contact me on 0858142663 (after 6pm) to discuss further.

Advertisement