Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit problem

Options
  • 02-05-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have direct debit for car insurance and forgot about it one month. It went through (70 euro) but since I had no fund in my account I went into overdraft - unauthorized. I transfered those 70 euro to this current account next day. I was also charged REFERRAL CHARGE 5.15 euro because of this which I didn't expect and it got me to overdraft of 1.14 euro - just to be safe I transfered another 100 euro into this account in case of other charges.

It was my mistake and I accept charges, but since it wasn't refused direct debit, but only unauthorized overdraft, does it make mark on my credit rating ? It was like 2 months ago - with AIB.

I am applying for mortgage and will try to explain that to my mortgage adviser too .
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

tomhain wrote: »
    I have direct debit for car insurance and forgot about it one month. It went through (70 euro) but since I had no fund in my account I went into overdraft - unauthorized. I transfered those 70 euro to this current account next day. I was also charged REFERRAL CHARGE 5.15 euro because of this which I didn't expect and it got me to overdraft of 1.14 euro - just to be safe I transfered another 100 euro into this account in case of other charges.

It was my mistake and I accept charges, but since it wasn't refused direct debit, but only unauthorized overdraft, does it make mark on my credit rating ? It was like 2 months ago - with AIB.

I am applying for mortgage and will try to explain that to my mortgage adviser too .
    Thanks

No affect on your credit score on ICB. However when lender reviewing statements they may ask about it going into overdraft is a flag for them. Can be a sign of poor money management from the banks point of view if people end up going into overdraft, especially unauthorised.

Advertisement