Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MasterCard expired, Netflix autoupdated ?

Options
  • 02-05-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

My credit card expired last month, I got the new one so I am in the process of updating my various subscriptions etc. 

I got an email from Netflix stating my credit card was expiring soon. When I logged on to update it a few days later, I found that the expiry date and security code was already updated?!

This happened once before a few years ago, but I never thought much of it, I thought i had done it but forgot I had.. But this time it's too coincidental ?

A quick google found a few people that mentions this has happened to them too.. 

Can you confirm that BOI automatically provides updated credit card info to servive providers ? I guess I don't really mind, it's convenient.. But I've never heard of it before and don't see it published anywhere on BOI website ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi BOI,

My credit card expired last month, I got the new one so I am in the process of updating my various subscriptions etc. 

I got an email from Netflix stating my credit card was expiring soon. When I logged on to update it a few days later, I found that the expiry date and security code was already updated?!

This happened once before a few years ago, but I never thought much of it, I thought i had done it but forgot I had.. But this time it's too coincidental ?

Can you confirm that BOI automatically provides updated credit card info to servive providers ? I guess I don't really mind, it's convenient.. But I've never heard of it before and don't see it published anywhere on BOI website ?

Thanks!
    Hi RobertHopkins,

Thank you for your post. 

We're looking into this for you and will let you know when we have an update on this.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi BOI,

Thanks!
    Hi RobertHopkins,

Thank you for your post and sorry about the delay in replying to you.

We’ve checked this with our card team and can confirm that this may be an automatic update passed on to this specific retailer. To further query the specific nature of this authority, please contact our customer service team on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be more than happy to provide clarification on this.

Thanks again,

Sarah

Advertisement