Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Electronics from Europe

Options
  • 02-05-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a Soundbar from Amazon which is much cheaper on the French and Italian amazon site.

Would I just need a plug adapter to use it here or is there other issues?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I bought one from Amazon which was coming from Europe (De I think). It took three attempts to order it. Each time it was despatched but never arrived. I then had to call Amazon and complain - got refund. Ordered again and same thing. Eventually they managed to deliver it but it took three months to come. Even their projected delivery times were way out taking an extra week.

They do not ship to Ireland very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I bought one from Amazon which was coming from Europe (De I think). It took three attempts to order it. Each time it was despatched but never arrived. I then had to call Amazon and complain - got refund. Ordered again and same thing. Eventually they managed to deliver it but it took three months to come. Even their projected delivery times were way out taking an extra week.

They do not ship to Ireland very well.

Cheers for advice.

Was it an electronic item you ordered? any euro to uk plug adapter work ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It was a soundbar (Samsung HW H355). It came with 13A plug on the power brick - the unit is 24 volts. Works well and am very pleased with it. It was quite a lot cheaper than from local suppliers.

But not Amazon.

I want to buy a camera from Amazon DE but they only ship to Austria ans Switzerland (apart from De).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

It was a soundbar (Samsung HW H355). It came with 13A plug on the power brick - the unit is 24 volts. Works well and am very pleased with it. It was quite a lot cheaper than from local suppliers.

But not Amazon.

I want to buy a camera from Amazon DE but they only ship to Austria ans Switzerland (apart from De).

Cheers Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've bought loads from EU Amazon's no bother.

It'll work fine over here with an adaptor as per my limited understanding of electricity. Same voltage at same frequency. If you can detach the cable then better again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Just to say I've bought quite a bit of electronics from EU; hardwareversand last year, amazon.fr two or three times this year. Postage is a bit slower (iparcel from amazon is infuriatingly slow to get out of the originating country but is very quick once in the hands of the local courier). But very successful otherwise.

Advertisement