Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Infraction.

Options
  • 02-05-2015 5:02pm

I received an Infraction on the boxing forum for a post I made from Cork_Girl.

My post was:
    Managed to find a HD online stream in the end and cost me 13 euro for the stream (Dont think its legit though). I know I can't say where it is on here cause its possibly a dodgy site but it's a shame Sky are losing out on money via not letting me buy off them and stream on Sky go.

Now I read the boxing charter and I broke no rules there. I know you cant send links or share illegal streams which I didn't. In a previous post I made an enquiry is there anywhere that I can pay for a legit stream online and stream it because I have no sky box, I was actually looking to find out could I buy it off Sky and stream it with Sky Go. In the post above I was just telling people that I found somewhere to watch the fight and I was taken care off, I paid for the stream (didn't say from where) and it may or may not be a dodgy site . I have read over the boxing charter and I have broken no rules, so can you please remove this infraction.

Also just to point out to Cork_Girl if you are going to give an infraction it would be nice of you to point out what the infraction is for and not just give it.

Comments

Some simple rules to follow!

1) No personal abuse.

2) No Trolling.

3) No Spamming.

4) No Shilling.

5) No Advertising, bans will be given for blatant advertising

6) No unfounded allegations against fighters, particularly in regard to steroid use. If you want to accuse them make sure you have a bulletproof source or you will be banned.

7) No Fighter abuse, you can talk facts but calling fighters names etc is just not necessary

8) No text speak, use the whole keyboard when making a post

9) No questioning Mods decisions on the public threads, take it to PM if you have a problem.

10) Put spoiler tags on threads title if the result of recent fight is inside.

11) bad language or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated wheter aimed at fighters or other posters

12) No illegal links to fight's this is a bannable offence, If you ask for a link to a fight which is on PPV you are going to be bombarded with illegal streams so make it clear you want it by PM, if you ask for a link to a fight thats ppv to be posted on the thread this is very serious and will be judged the same as putting up an illegal link.

13) No Freedom of Speech - you post here under the knowledge the www.boards.ie is a privately owned and operated board, Deviating from what the owners are or are not cool with will get you Banned and KO'd Quicker than a Mike Tyson left hook!

There is the charter above, I would like to know which part of it I exactly broke.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Also just to point out to Cork_Girl if you are going to give an infraction it would be nice of you to point out what the infraction is for and not just give it.
    Have you read the flow chart above and in particular the first box?
    Send PM to Mod(s) to discuss
    This is expanded at point 1 above
    If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong. Please don’t expect an answer straight away, Mods are volunteers and are not always in a position to deal with your issue. Give it at least a day.
    If you have could you please forward me copies of your PM exchange.

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you read the flow chart above and in particular the first box?

This is expanded at point 1 above

If you have could you please forward me copies of your PM exchange.

I did message Cork_Girl but got no response, I am aware that she might take a while to respond due to being busy or something. I am just kind of annoyed about the infraction with no explanation, I am generally well behaved and if I had of been told I did something wrong (which I didn't by the letter of the charter) I would have stopped doing it.

The infraction doesn't really bother me its more the principal of the thing. I try to follow boards rules when posting and I specifically said that I dont have sky so I have to look for somewhere else online. I said I was sorted and I never mentioned where the stream came from or if it was a dodgy stream. I wasn't looking for someone to give me a stream or I wasn't giving out a stream, I was merely just stating that I have to use a stream.

I'm fully aware people a few posts below me asked for links to streams and got infractions etc but I didn't :confused:

Would have been less annoyed if I got a particular reason why I got an infraction. I understand that Cork_Girl might be busy and might take a bit to respond.

I know boards is a private site and mods/admins have the right so say what goes on here but if you treat posters like this with no explanation it does not look good.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I did message Cork_Girl but got no response,
    The card was issued earlier today - please give the mod time to respond

While you are awaiting a response - I note you have attempted to quote the rules of the Boxing forum above. Please also have a read the Sticky entitled "Updated: Streaming requests NOT permitted in thread, or by PM" if you have not already done so.

The card was issued earlier today - please give the mod time to respond

While you are awaiting a response - I note you have attempted to quote the rules of the Boxing forum above. Please also have a read the Sticky entitled "Updated: Streaming requests NOT permitted in thread, or by PM" if you have not already done so.

Only streaming request I made in that thread was asking is it possible to buy the fight off Sky or Upc legit to stream it from them, once I was informed that it wasn't on Sky go I stopped asking. I did mention that I found somewhere else to watch it and specifically said I cant talk about it on here cause its against the rules.

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Original Post updated per boards.ie rules update.

Update:
    A decision has been made that links are not to be requested either in thread, or to be sent via PM for streaming of any fights.
    This essentially means no-one can ask for links to be posted in a thread, or to be sent via PM.

Any requests for streams will be deleted upon sight with a warning. Any repeat requests will receive infractions per site rules.

Any illegal streams posted will result in an immediate ban.

If you have any questions, please contact forum Mods.

I did not share a stream or ask anyone for an illegal stream as said above. Even if I had should I not have been giving a warning before I got the infraction and told what I was doing wrong. Underlined above any repeat requests, There wasn't even one request for an illegal stream by me..... look at my posts I was so clear in saying anywhere I can buy this legit and when I couldn't I said I found somewhere to watch it but didn't mention where.

Are you going to follow the process set out above and repeated iin my earlier post? I am not going to respond to any of the points you are making in this thread until you have confirmed you have followed the process and have been unable to reach agreement with the mod

Are you going to follow the process set out above and repeated iin my earlier post? I am not going to respond to any of the points you are making in this thread until you have confirmed you have followed the process and have been unable to reach agreement with the mod

I have gave the mod a pm. Boards should be seeing this as feedback, posters who are just trying to enjoy this site getting hassled by mods without any reason. I'm done with this whole thing now myself anyway, as you can clearly see I have done nothing wrong. You can remove the infraction the right thing to do or don't, I informed you and the mod of the wrong doing against me and spent enough time on this already.

If you or Cork_Girl remove the infraction against me then thanks for doing the right thing, if not then so be it. I'll be over on reddit if you need me. :P

I'm not wasting any more time here, and I am now not seeing any reason why the mod should waste more time dealing with your PM. You've not followed the procedures set out above despite being given numerous chances to do so.

You posted about a stream/site that may be "dodgy" (your term). In doing so you encouraged others to ask for details. For all I know (and it's irrelevant whether this actually happened or not) posters may have PM'd you for details. Encouraging that is clearly against site rules

Infraction uphelp

You may ask an Admin to review my decision if you wish

I'm not wasting any more time here, and I am now not seeing any reason why the mod should waste more time dealing with your PM. You've not followed the procedures set out above despite being given numerous chances to do so.

You posted about a stream/site that may be "dodgy" (your term). In doing so you encouraged others to ask for details. For all I know (and it's irrelevant whether this actually happened or not) posters may have PM'd you for details. Encouraging that is clearly against site rules

Infraction uphelp

You may ask an Admin to review my decision if you wish

I did follow the exact process, I pm'd the moderator in question but got no feedback. I was not encouraging people to ask for details, it clearly has no benefit to me risk myself getting an infraction to give some strangers a link :confused:

I am nothing but polite and all I get is a bad attitude off you for some reason, is it you are standing up for a fellow mod? The mod Cork_Girl hasn't wasted any time 'dealing with my pm' cause she didn't reply. Isn't it just good manners to tell someone what they did wrong? Look manners goes a long way if I was messaged and told my messages could be interpreted in the wrong way I would have apologised and deleted/edited my post.

Down to the letter of the charter I did nothing wrong and I'm only looking for fairness here. Why should the moderator deal with my pm? ... Because I am a fairly alright guy who tries his best to not cause trouble for the moderators on boards and follows the rules but a moderator interpreted that I might possibly have been giving out streams (which I wasn't) and I get a ban without warning.

TLDR I am not looking for an argument, I just want my infraction taken back because I genuinely didn't mean to give out the impression that I was encouraging people to message me looking for streams.

• Advertisement

If you are not requesting an Admin review this appeal can be marked resolved

I'm not requesting an admin review, I got it sorted with Cork_Girl. She was very polite and explained herself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement