Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santry Omni, Traffic crazy since LIDL opened?

Options
  • 02-05-2015 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it's always like this since the LIDL opened, but it was crazy in the Omni today, took me nearly 30 minutes just to get out of the car park at 230.

It was a wet Saturday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend, and bus strike was on, so I don't know if the people who usually go to city centre descended on suburbian shopping centres instead...

Otherwise, whoever gave planning permission for the LIDL without increasing the access for cars clearly doesn't know what they are doing.

As a result, I won't be going back there on a weekend any time soon...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I was there Wednesday around 2;30 and it took me 15-20 minutes to get out.Traffic lights changing after every 3 or 4 cars .Never like that before Lidl came there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same in blanch today. Combination of bad weather, bus strike and people having to bring kids somewhere to get out of the house for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

kceire wrote: »
    Same in blanch today. Combination of bad weather, bus strike and people having to bring kids somewhere to get out of the house for an hour or two.

I don't even need to mention the traffic jam generator that is Dundrum...

I really wish they'd widen the road so the southbound bus lane didn't disappear to make space for the turning right lane. It manages to screw up traffic for everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Omni was always a bit of a jam at weekends, but no doubt it's much worse since LIDL went in.

Advertisement