Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD WD BLUE, WD GREEN or Seagate Barracuda ?

Options
  • 02-05-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I am going to buy 500 GB HDD for 50 eur. I have 3 options :
    WD Blue, WD Green and Seagate Baracuda.
    Which one is my best choice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

None of the above, get WD RED series.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭allsam18

it costs 20 eur more, what is the biggest advantage of WD RED agains WD BLUE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

WD Black or Blue. Reds are oriented towards RAID setups. If you can't afford black, get a blue.

For drives that will be accessed often, don't get green. If its a backup drive then a Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

allsam18 wrote: »
    it costs 20 eur more, what is the biggest advantage of WD RED agains WD BLUE ?

lower MTBF (mean time of boot failure) if you think your data is important you should go red, if you think your data is not important but speed is: go for black

but if you care soo much about speed, get a SSD instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Asmooh wrote: »
    lower MTBF (mean time of boot failure)

MTBF - Mean Time Between Failures

What are you using them for OP? If it's just storage and your backing it up elsewhere just buy the cheapest WD you can find they've got a good warranty too it's either 3 years or life time if I remember properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭allsam18

winner is : WD red 1 TB 73 eur because of low noise levels and stability. Thank You everyone for sharing the knowledge.

Advertisement