Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dried Coriander Leaf

• 02-05-2015 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭laros

I use the whole lot...leaf and stems and tend to chop lots and freeze what I dont need. I find a herb scissors is great for this type of thing, fresh and dried coriander dont really compare IMO or have you thought of using the frozen type that Aldi now stock..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

No need to des them as the previous post says - a good wash, trim the stem ends and then chop the lot. Dried doesn't really do the trick tbh.

Nope.. i just tend to lash it in straight from the freezer... :)

• Advertisement

I use a set of these ... great for chopping herbs.... TK Maxx normally have them or Homestore & more .. :)http://www.kitchencookware.ie/baking/chippers-choppers/herb-scissors/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

laros wrote: »

WANT! Didn't know such things existed! (Anything that saves me having to put a knife into my clumsy hands the better!)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

I use a set of these ... great for chopping herbs.... TK Maxx normally have them or Homestore & more .. :)http://www.kitchencookware.ie/baking/chippers-choppers/herb-scissors/

Useful gadget alright. Ideally it should come with a plastic comb to clear herbs that adhere between the blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Lissavane wrote: »
    Useful gadget alright. Ideally it should come with a plastic comb to clear herbs that adhere between the blades.

As said already just chop the lot and freeze the left overs in an icecube tray with a little water and then just pop a cube or two into your curry or whatever.

I tend to blitz the whole bunch in one go and freeze what I don't use the first day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

grow it! it grows great in our climate for about 6monhts of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

grow it! it grows great in our climate for about 6monhts of the year.

I found i only got one or so cuttings before it bolts and goes to seed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need to cut it very frequently if growing it yourself. I use it a lot and still find its less hassle to buy large bags in a greengrocers or ethnic shop and freeze it than it is to grow and remember to cut/wash/freeze myself.

Growing it would be a lot cheaper though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Is that what they are? Doh! Always thought they were some sort of haberdashery thingy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was in Woodies just now and spotted a packet of coriander seeds that claimed to be "The first ever 'cut and come again' coriander" :)

On the packet it says ... "It is very slow to bolt, which ensures you have a great continuous supply of coriander ... over a long cropping period."

Needless to say I bought some, watch this space ...

a70gh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody see the report on the Consumer Show on Rte earleir in the week about the tesing of contaniments in dried herbs. The oregano had more olive leaves in it than oregano. Oregano expensive / olive leaves worthless:eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement