Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar lights for garden

Options
  • 02-05-2015 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used solar lights for their garden instead of wired electrical lights to illuminate dark areas as opposed for decorative purposes? I have solar lights from Ikea that are dotted around the garden but they don't light up the surrounding areas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Any I've seen were pretty much rubbish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw a good variety in Woodies earlier, ranging from €2+. I'd want to try a few of them for a while though, to see which one is nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Solar lights are not really for lighting an area of the garden. They are not rubbish - apart from the cheapy cheap ones - but are only for decoration. You would need a large solar panel, large LED clusters and a bank of batteries for anything that will light up an area. These might be available but I haven't seen them, or looked for them.

Stick with conventional modern lighting I think.

Advertisement