Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a reply repossessed house

Options
  • 02-05-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi was wondering if anyone can help me. I know a house that is currently being repossessed. I know what bank it is. Does anyone have any advice how I could get in contact wit the bank before it goes to an auctioneer, as in buying it directly from the bank? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Moved from C&P forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Duckie2311 wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if anyone can help me. I know a house that is currently being repossessed. I know what bank it is. Does anyone have any advice how I could get in contact wit the bank before it goes to an auctioneer, as in buying it directly from the bank? Thanks in advance

Highly unlikely the bank will want to engage, they want to ensure that they achieve the best possible result, therefore they'll put it on the open market and ensure that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Glenbhoy is correct.
    The banks have a set process/procedure to follow.
    The property will be placed on the market for a minimum length of time.
    It will be advertised in a prescribed manner.
    There will be a minimum number of viewings.

If you want the house- keep an eye out and get in line.

Sorry.

Advertisement