Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox profiles question

Options
  • 02-05-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi folks

my son has an xbox 360, his profile is connected to my wifes email address and she has(had) her debit card connected to the account to automatically continue his xbox live. He came to us this evening with the hump cause he spotted that his friend had downloaded some Call of duty DLCs that were on his profile, which he had once used on his friends xbox. He was fairly convinced that this friend wouldnt have bought these DLCs and mentioned that there was a way that he could log onto my sons account and download the maps to his xbox and then start using them under his profile?? I was fairly disapointed to learn that his friend could log onto my sons account, just cause he had used it there a couple of times. does it not require a password??? anyway, thats quiestion 1, surely we've set his account up arseways or something?

from there we checked the purchase history and could see that there was two attempts this evening to download some sort of pack cost 15quid, both were declined as my wife is currently overdrawn(lol...thankfully) I assume if she wasnt overdrawn then it would have downloaded the game/pack/thing onto my sons profile, which his friend would then have downloaded to his xbox and used on his profile then?? does this make any sense, is this possible?

we tried deleting the cards but found we couldnt, i had to delete the automatic renewal of his xbox live, even then it didnt seem to want to delete the last card off the account. we then went and deleted his xbox profile from all consoles so using the profile will need the account password beofre working again. when he was going to bed this evening, it still didnt seem to have disconnected from his own xbox but i read somewhere that this could take up to 2 hours to refresh.

any advice on this? i don tmind him using xbox live, and i dont mind buying him extra packs or DLCs for birthdas etc, i dont want to associate a card again though, that was a mistake it seems. i read somewhere you can use prepaid cards or sometihng?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Just put a password or pass code on the profile. See here http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/my-account/security/manage-sign-in-preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Leave the auto-renewal off, you can buy xbox live a lot cheaper on sites like cdkeys.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Login to the microsoft commerce website using your wife's Hotmail address.

From here it's easy to remove the card from the account.

https://commerce.microsoft.com

It's a website for managing payment info associated with accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Should also have your sons friend delete your sons profile from his xbox.

You can put a profile on usb stick, so when he goes to play on a friends xbox he can just bring the usb with him and plug it in and take it with him when he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

thanks for the advice folks. his friend has (supposedly) deleted his profile from his xbox now. My wife spoke to his mother that evening. We werent making a big deal of it, he's just a kid, To me its a bad system that allows transactions that simply. It was more our fault than the kids for not being turn on to the fact that tying your card to these accounts is a bad idea.

we signed out his profile from all other consoles so I presume that has worked anyway. the only passcode option I could see was to require the email password to access the profile, its my wifes email though so thats not ideal. I'll have to revisit this. the important thing is that I was able to remove all cards from the account by going to that cimmerce.microsoft website to that was good

• Advertisement
Advertisement