Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Recommendations for RCSI, Dublin

Options
  • 03-05-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be a mature student starting RCSI and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay (and recommend areas to keep clear) - I'm new to Dublin. My budget is €400. Can anyone help?

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi all,

I'll be a mature student starting RCSI and was wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay (and recommend areas to keep clear) - I'm new to Dublin. My budget is €400. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Starting as a first year undergrad or are you coming in postgraduate? Just asking because if you are coming in postgraduate you are looking at RCSI sandyford for which we are talking very different areas

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hopeful2015

hi ciaran,

I'll be a first year undergrad,

Hi all,

Thank you

Harolds cross or Rathmines is probably where you are looking then. You will be lucky to find somewhere good for €400 but it can be done. Here is Harolds Cross.

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/dublin/harold's-cross/

Thank you so much - are Harold's Cross and Rathmines far from campus? Would I need a bus to get back in? Are they dangerous areas? Thanks again Ciaran!

Thank you so much - are Harold's Cross and Rathmines far from campus? Would I need a bus to get back in? Are they dangerous areas? Thanks again Ciaran!

Harolds Cross which I linked above is about 10-20 minute walk to RCSI depending on where in harolds cross. Rathmines is 5-25 minutes depending on where in Rathmines. Neither is dangerous but like everywhere in dublin keep a bit of cop on keep your eyes open and you will be fine. Both have bus routes that will bring you into RCSI on bad weather days.

Both areas have significant amounts of student accommodation too.

• Advertisement

Thank you again for your help, you're really helpful!

Also if there are any mature students (late 20s - 30s) looking for a place in Harold's cross/ rathmines/ near rcsi and looking to share please email PM me (mod edit)

Advertisement