Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Lessons South Dub

Options
  • 03-05-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I've been searching for keyboard lessons for my 9 year old daughter but am finding them incredibly pricey (approx. €36-€40) per hour! Why are they so expensive? Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative? My daughter is very keen but the lessons don't have to be serious, i.e. She wants to play for fun, not necessarily to do music exams, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

You mean piano? That would be tge going rate, and probably on the lower end of the scale. "Piano for fun" is unlikely to last. If she has a flair for it, she'd be better off doing the exams. You have to learn the basics anyway, so might as well put it to good use. Piano lessons are an excellent investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Churchtown School of Music sometimes pair up students, so she'd get a 2-to-1 lesson for €15-€20 for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Theresa66

Try Creative Keyboards. They do after school lessons in some schools but they're open to anyone - St Marys BNS in Rathfarnham and Bishop Shanahan in Templeogue are 2 I know of. It's €110 per term so that works out about €10 per hour lesson with about 8 kids per class. They provide the keyboards. Exams are through Victoria School of Music. My son is also 9 and has been going for 3 years and loves it and he's getting pretty good now.

Advertisement