Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC EPL Champions 2015

• 03-05-2015 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Agreed. The most consistent side in the league this season. Congratulations to JM, his staff and his players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Yeah but how many heart's did they break along the way with their dreary, negative tactics? Their fans may be pleased but the player's and classless manager are the team everyone loves to hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Most certainly worthy champions for all of the daft (well pathetic to be honest) boring Chelsea claims no one came within an asses roar of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yeah but how many heart's did they break along the way with their dreary, negative tactics? Their fans may be pleased but the player's and classless manager are the team everyone loves to hate.

Well this thread crashed earlier than I thought it might.

Well this thread crashed earlier than I thought it might.

How is giving my opinion crashing the thread? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Mourinho's CV keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Deserved champions.

How is giving my opinion crashing the thread? :rolleyes:

It's more the responses your opinion will inevitably draw in that I was getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Success usually breeds hatred.

Pool for 2 decades and Utd for the last 25 years are testaments to that.

We're nowhere near that level of success but its good to annoy people along the way as its not about winning popularity contests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yep - deserved Champions - but overall it has been a terrible EPL , as typified by the non performances in Europe - the highs of 3 years ago, even last year seam distant , hopefully next year is much improved -

p.s. there were some cracking goals though in this unmemorable season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

thanks for making it sweeter.

Most certainly worthy champions for all of the daft (well pathetic to be honest) boring Chelsea claims no one came within an asses roar of us.

Being boring and worthy champions are not mutually exclusive.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Success usually breeds hatred.

Pool for 2 decades and Utd for the last 25 years are testaments to that.

We're nowhere near that level of success but its good to annoy people along the way as its not about winning popularity contests.

Not in Barcelona's case. They won plenty of fans over with their easy on the eye style of play. Ditto Arsenals 'Invincibles'.

Being boring and worthy champions are not mutually exclusive.

Absolutely not but being top scorers and being boring possibly is, well in the real world at least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not in Barcelona's case. They won plenty of fans over with their easy on the eye style of play. Ditto Arsenals 'Invincibles'.

The Invincibles were dull as dishwater at times and had a load of draws.

All this Chelsea boring talk is just the green eyed monster coming out. A bit sad really.

Barcelona for many are a detestable team, depends how you achieve your goal the Barca way for me is toxic.

I find Barcas play, especially under Guardiola to be boring, 75% of the ball and 100's of side ways passes doesnt do it for everyone, me included.

What did they do though? They won games, which is there to be admired.

Absolutely not but being top scorers and being boring possibly is, well in the real world at least

Chelsea were phenomenal early on and boring for the latter part IMO. It's not a criticism, just fact for me.
    Cagey and just doing enough, they were good enough to get away with it and hats off to them for that.

Nothing to do with jealousy either.

Lukker- wrote: »
    The Invincibles were dull as dishwater at times and had a load of draws.

12 of 38 games to be precise.

They also lost more games that year than Chelsea have so far but we won't mention that at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

If we're talking the Premier League, probably the 19 teams that got less points than us, and the 18 teams that scored less goals.

How many points were going for "class" this season actually?

Supporters pay into a match to be entertained. Parking the bus and hoping to nick a goal shouldn't be what any team strives to do.

Chelsea were phenomenal early on and boring for the latter part IMO. It's not a criticism, just fact for me.
    Cagey and just doing enough, they were good enough to get away with it and hats off to them for that.

Nothing to do with jealousy either.

That's fair but you could as easily say pragmatic, Fergie was the best PL manager to date even he called it squeaky bum time. United in their time ground out many tight wins late on, it's what you need to do.

For me boring is just lazy and a tad jealous but it's only an opinion.

Supporters pay into a match to be entertained. Parking the bus and hoping to nick a goal shouldn't be what any team strives to do.

If you want guaranteed entertainment head down to the Odeon, for me the uncertainty of sport is the entertainment.

scoring more goals than the other team, however, should be what a team strives to do, something Chelsea were excellent at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is true to an extent. Parking the bus against significantly inferior opposition is just weird. If every team parked the bus then soccer would be boring as fck. If every team played high tempo attacking football soccer would also become as boring as fck because we'd just get used to it and wouldn't appreciate it. You need a balance and variety to the teams. Chelsea were undoubtedly the most consistent team in the season. If I were a Chelsea fan though I'd be worried. Too many seasons now have Jose's teams dropped form in the second half of the season. Inside of jogging over the line they slowly crawled over it. A lot of that was down to how generally awful their competition was. History will say they won it. But it's not that impressive a win. Carlo's Chelsea and Jose's Chelsea of previous iteration were far more impressive wins. Not that Chelsea fans will care, or should they, they won. You can only beat what's placed in front of you and then went and done exactly that. There's a lot they can improve on. Only time will tell if they do.

are you an ostrich? where were u from aug - jan?

Turtwig wrote: »
    This is true to an extent. Parking the bus against significantly inferior opposition is just weird. If every team parked the bus then soccer would be boring as fck. If every team played high tempo attacking football soccer would also become as boring as fck because we'd just get used to it and wouldn't appreciate it. You need a balance and variety to the teams. Chelsea were undoubtedly the most consistent team in the season. If I were a Chelsea fan though I'd be worried. Too many seasons now have Jose's teams dropped form in the second half of the season. Inside of jogging over the line they slowly crawled over it. A lot of that was down to how generally awful their competition was. History will say they won it. But it's not that impressive a win. Carlo's Chelsea and Jose's Chelsea of previous iteration were far more impressive wins. Not that Chelsea fans will care, or should they, they won. You can only beat what's placed in front of you and then went and done exactly that. There's a lot they can improve on. Only time will tell if they do.

you do know as of now chelsea are 15 points ahead of man city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bringing on a centre half for a midfielder when your playing palace at home says it all for me. Did the same midweek when 2 goals up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

fozz10 wrote: »
    you do know as of now chelsea are 15 points ahead of man city?

So?
    They've been woeful in the latter half of the season. They've just been less woeful than their opposition. Not exactly the ideal way to win a marathon. Hence my point. Chelsea, fans won't care. They shouldn't. But I think Jose privately will. They need a more consistent season. They're certainly capable of it.

In sport, there seems to sometimes be an attitude of if you win you win and it doesn't matter about your performances. Only if you lose is it correct to question the performances. That's a bullsh1t attitude imo. Wins should be dissected as much as losses and improvement should always be sought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Probably the most boring team to win the league in my time. Deserved champions but absolutely dreadful stuff to watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They definitely deserved it, boring or not.

It has been the worst season in a long time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pathetic,racist club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Congratulations to all Chelsea fans. Deserved winners this season. Their whole planning from day 1 was near perfect and their got superb headstart on all teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The Mayweather of soccer :)

• Advertisement

If they were brilliant to watch at the start of the season scoring loads of goals and winning games then why change the way they were playing. I know it working but was it not dangerous changing a winning formula.

Turtwig wrote: »

apologies for the bluntness of this post, but this is all nonsense. it doesnt matter how a team gets 3 points when they do it consistently. I'll start being worried when we lose more than 3 games a season.

For all the criticism of Chelsea's "form" we have lost 0 premier league games since the Spurs 5-3, lost 0 games in the Champions League and have lost 0 games in total since losing to Bradford.

Substance (and trophies) over style any day of the week, Mourinho will be worried when he's not 13 points clear and 2 trophies up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Bringing on a centre half for a midfielder when your playing palace at home says it all for me. Did the same midweek when 2 goals up.

2 goals up away from home, last 5 minutes you close the game out. What manager with the exception of Brendan Rodgers would not do that what an absolutely pathetic example.

Last season Liverpool 3-0 up against who oh God yea Crystal Palace acted the maggot drew 3-3 and any feint hopes of winning the title gone. We are a proper team with a proper manager do the business don't take the opposition for granted.

brevity wrote: »

Very true. Great defensively, very efficient when attacking, does enough to win and boring as **** to watch.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pathetic,racist club.

:rolleyes:

2 goals up away from home, last 5 minutes you close the game out. What manager with the exception of Brendan Rodgers would not do that what an absolutely pathetic example.

Last season Liverpool 3-0 up against who oh God yea Crystal Palace acted the maggot drew 3-3 and any feint hopes of winning the title gone. We are a proper team with a proper manager do the business don't take the opposition for granted.

Ferguson never did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bula bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Fair play to Jose. You'd think the way people talk that there is only one to play football, the pep or Barcelona way.

Defending is an equal parts of the game as attacking is and Jose has mastered it, and fair play to him. Diego simeone does the same thing and is lauded as a great motivator and organiser. If he comes to England and starts winning the media and " purists " will lay into him aswell .

Makes me laugh the people trying to take a moral high ground because of a style they say they believe in , as if it makes them a better football person. Loser talk usually. Well done Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The Chelsea hate is strong. Hilarious.

Ferguson never did it.

What ground out results ....... Are you for real he was the master of it and his fantastic record is there for all to be seen. Do you actually watch football?

brevity wrote: »
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Pathetic,racist club.
    glued wrote: »
    Probably the most boring team to win the league in my time. Deserved champions but absolutely dreadful stuff to watch.

mourinho-laughing.jpg
    If they were brilliant to watch at the start of the season scoring loads of goals and winning games then why change the way they were playing. I know it working but was it not dangerous changing a winning formula.

to win the league, probably.

fozz10 wrote: »
    are you an ostrich? where were u from aug - jan?

League ends in January now, does it?

League ends in January now, does it?

No may, when Chelsea won it.

mourinho-laughing.jpg

to win the league, probably.

My point was they were winning the league playing that way. Why change what's working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement