Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC EPL Champions 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pathetic,racist club.

Jesus....how utterly cringeworthy...

Sucks to be you!

Delighted to see Chelsea winning and also to see a nice number of opposition fans coming in and having the maturity and grace to tip the hats to Chelsea for their achievement. Fair dues to you all.

Congrats Chelsea and fans on here. Worthy winners.

Enjoy the celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

niallo27 wrote: »
    My point was they were winning the league playing that way. Why change what's working.

But it did work when he changed it up? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My point was they were winning the league playing that way. Why change what's working.

Sure what's the point in making subs when winning so unless there's an Injury.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What ground out results ....... Are you for real he was the master of it and his fantastic record is there for all to be seen. Do you actually watch football?

I might be wrong but I think you will it hard to find another league winning manager who took off a midfielder for a defender at home to a team near the bottom of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

League ends in January now, does it?

paddy power thought so!

it doest start there either.
    cant beat the bitter jealous posts! keep em coming lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Worthy winners and for me as a Utd fan the best of a bad lot as an outcome as I don't know any Chelsea fans :)

Sure what's the point in making subs when winning so....

You usually don't for tactical reasons.

I might be wrong but I think you will it hard to find another league winning manager who took off a midfielder for a defender at home to a team near the bottom of the league.

yea you might be. but we will never know...... or care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

mourinho-laughing.jpg

The Mayweather comment was a compliment :confused:

You usually don't for tactical reasons.

Lol. You need to watch more football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Maybe if Rodgers did it last season the Liverpool Echo may not have to drag up 10 year old victories to write about. I ain't bothered anyway Champions, Champions, Champions.

And a guard of honour from Stevie and Liverpool to look forward to next week.

Lol. You need to watch more football.

So if your 4 nil up with a few minutes to go you bring a centre half for a midfielder and play 6 at the back.

Lol. You need to watch some football.

Fixed that for you ha ha

So if your 4 nil up with a few minutes to go you bring a centre half for a midfielder and play 6 at the back.

What sort of argument is that?

The counter argument is basically being 1-0 bringing on a CB for a Forward. Give over. Stop talking bollix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

brevity wrote: »

It's a relatively fair one too. Early season Chelsea was like a young Mayweather, knocking people out, exciting explosive style.

After Jan, Chelsea have been like the older more pragmatic Mayweather, doing what it takes to win.

Both get lambasted by the casual but are pretty much universally admired by the purists.

Who was 4-0 up exactly?

Not quite the same as 1-0.

Liverpool go gung ho 3-0 up away at Palace draw 3-3 hope stupid is that

if you say so! sounds like a good plan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Maybe if Rodgers did it last season the Liverpool Echo may not have to drag up 10 year old victories to write about. I ain't bothered anyway Champions, Champions, Champions.

And a guard of honour from Stevie and Liverpool to look forward to next week.

What game should Rodgers have taken off a midfielder and replace him with a defender that would have ensured Liverpool won the title?

I also liked the way you used 4-0 and not 3-0 Niallo. As we all know what can happen when a team goes 3-0 and doesn't change the tactic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What game should Rodgers have taken off a midfielder and replace him with a defender that would have ensured Liverpool won the title?

Palace, could have taken off Sturridge and sured up midfield/defence.

Poor Brenda isn't the most tactically aware though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's a relatively fair one too. Early season Chelsea was like a young Mayweather, knocking people out, exciting explosive style.

After Jan, Chelsea have been like the older more pragmatic Mayweather, doing what it takes to win.

Both get lambasted by the casual but are pretty much universally admired by the purists.

I'm certainty not a purist and while I do love watching Barca, there are more ways to skin a cat.

Chelsea are worthy winners.

He said won the title though.

Maybe Jose should have tried to score against PSG and they would be still in it. It's all maybe's.

The hate is strong Niallo. Don't worry man, maybe next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

While it wasn't the most exciting of seasons, it is a testament to consistent, good performances. Every other team challenging had horrible periods of poor play while for the most part Chelsea just kept rolling. Deserved winners, congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

The hate is strong Niallo. Don't worry man, maybe next year.

It's not hate at all. I just don't know why Chelsea fans find it hard to admit they are terrible to watch for the majority.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Maybe Jose should have tried to score against PSG and they would be still in it. It's all maybe's.
    We scored against PSG three times!

We drew with them twice and their squad is made up of all stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pathetic,racist club.

I'm not fond of them or their captain either, but you're just asking for it posting that! Bit of a generalization too mate.

Deserved champions, not pretty sometimes but in Courtois, Fabregas and Hazard you've got fantastic players. Costa and Matic aint bad either!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

The Palace result had zero effect on City winning the title. Educate yourself if you're going to try and be smart.

It's not hate at all. I just don't know why Chelsea fans find it hard to admit they are terrible to watch for the majority.

I'm not a Chelsea fan. I'm a neutral. You know you don't have to watch the match if you don't. Like it Yeh?.

Why would Chelsea fans be moaning about how they play when it won them a title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

While the performances from Aug to Jan were very good the competition wasnt, City came close in that period a few times but since christmas only Arsenal and Utd, some what, have been on good enough runs to challenge Chelsea.

Subsequently, we got 4 pts from those 2 games only a few weeks back to end any slim chances of either team pushing us for a few more games and make us wait for the title that was pretty inevitable since about February/March.

Next year will be interesting and will be a closer run thing than this year IMO but right now, with a transfer window to come thats an impossible thing to call but I just feel we stole a march and everyone this year and were consistent enough to win it.

Theres no point winning a game 3-0 one week if you drop points in the next 2 games, this league can change in the course of 2 games and only once this year did we fail to win after drawing or lsoing a game and that was against Southampton 1-1 away and spurs 5-3 loss away, thats the consistency of champions if after dropping points you win the next couple and its something nobody else has done consistently over the 34/35 games so far.

We scored against PSG three times!

We drew with them twice and their squad is made up of all stars.

You were against 10 men at home. There main scoring threat sent off. If you can have a go at Rodgers for not bringing on a defender you can equally have a go at Jose for not going for the kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

No one said it's not terrible to watch, but does it really matter if you're winning?

Substance>Style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"Chelsea win the league"

"...yeah but they didn't win the Champions League"

Who cares? Let them have this ffs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Wow hell of a lot of bile in this thread, Jesus let them enjoy their day they won fair and sqaure and deservedly so. They have walked the league and everyone else would happily be in that position today. I hope Mourinhos comments are winding people up further.

Anyways congrats to chelsea 2nd most team winningest team in premier league history :D

Consistency

CEFxC-sUsAEgeYC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not a lover of Mourinho or Chelsea, but they were too good for the rest of the league this year. 1st out of the blocks and never looked back. It's a tough ask to retain the league but they won't be any easier to beat next season either.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »

Hey dont start debate in here we have enough going on :P

For the record here is our league form
    WWWWDWWWDWWWDWLWWWDLWWDWWDWDWWWWDWW

So your arguement over a tactic that won a league over 38 games is to point to one game in a knockout competition with higher level of opponents to disprove it, ever hear of %s or varience. Lay off the jungle juice dude, put down the laptop and try be happy for someone else for once.

Its a long road without a turn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Well done Chelsea.

Lol at the bitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Consistency

CEFxC-sUsAEgeYC.jpg

I'd argue they're only top since 31st August to be honest, still impressive though!

So your arguement over a tactic that won a league over 38 games is to point to one game in a knockout competition with higher level of opponents to disprove it, ever hear of %s or varience. Lay off the jungle juice dude, put down the laptop and try be happy for someone else for once.

Its a long road without a turn

Have a read back son. I didn't bring up a single game from last year that apparently cost liverpool the title. I was replying to that post. I never knocked his tactics I was just wondering why he changed a winning formula half way through the year.

• Advertisement

Courtois could win the golden glove too.

Be an excellent first season for him if that was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Worst champions ever (ignoring Man Utd 2012/13 and Leeds and Blackburn, oh hell.).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

As a Liverpool fan I seen my team play some of the best football I've ever seen played last season. They finished second.

This year, people argue that Chelsea played quite the opposite style of football (after Xmas) They won the league.

I know which of the two I'd rather, ten times over. A league title please and I wouldn't give two ****s if people called it boring. I'd argue that deep down everyone else feels the same but are just a little upset as Chelsea are unlikable at times, similar to Mayweather as they were compared to earlier. I doubt Mayweather cares that he didn't please people with a fight you'd see in a Rocky film. 48-0 and 120ish million better off, Premier League champions and 3 games to go. Why would you give a fcuk what anyone else thinks?

Congratulations Chelsea, and a fair amount of that done without their main striker. Worthy champions. They could only beat what was put in front of them, and they did. Whether or not the standard of the league was the worst in years is another question.

Enjoy Chelsea.

The Palace result had zero effect on City winning the title. Educate yourself if you're going to try and be smart.

Combination of Chelsea game and Palace game. Had they beaten Palace would have made it a little more difficult for City the draw just handed it to City on a plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Worst champions ever (ignoring Man Utd 2012/13 and Leeds and Blackburn, oh hell.).

I'd rather be the worst champions than not champions...

• Advertisement
Advertisement