Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC EPL Champions 2015

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I can't believe calling Chelsea ageing and especially their defence is such a controversial comment among some Chelsea fans, whilst people still seem to agree with it.
    I said the strikers in the academy have great promise. I didn't say they were the finished article.

I can't try and argue that Jose has a history of promoting youth players but I can argue that Chelsea's youth players are earning themselves a very good chance of being selected by Jose to play in the first team in their own right, so that he doesn't have to spend big. This is hugely important with Chelsea seemingly the only club actually bound by FFP.

He'll promote youth players not just because he has to but because they're good enough. They're not all going to be JTs and stay with the club for decades. I disagree with you that nothing will change and that he won't develop them.

You're agreeing with me so that they're not the finished article and while they remain so, Mourinho won't play them, yes? Whether he should or not is an entirely separate thing. It makes sense to at least try to fit them in so that you can spend more on players you have to buy in, but that's me. 2 x €20m or 1 x €40m + a good enough youth player makes sense to me.

Right, we agree he will only replace them with ready-to-go replacements, so Mourinho faces this challenge in rebuilding the first team - something he has never done.

That decision if he goes with ready-to-go players, bought in, is not going to be cheap. You don't get an experienced EPL and CL challenging defender for £1m. He's going to need two/three/four of them, maybe more with injuries or players that don't work out. A signing may not be trusted by Mourinho after a season or two, so he'll have to leave and be replaced.

In addition, he will need to replace Drogba, he may need to replace Remy, he may need to replace Mikel and Cech. He has a lot of work to do in a reasonably short period of time, FFP or otherwise.

That is all. The cult of his personality is such that next up we will have certain Chelsea fans needing to defend "Jose 2"'s choice of breakfast cereal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

JT26 wrote: »

It is quite amazing JT, Drog and Petr managed to get up to the trophy presentation without the aid of a zimmerman frame if some are to be believed. More amazing that someone as decrepit as JT managed to play every minute of every game in the heart of the meanest defence in the league (that despite being on the beach for the last three games).

Advertisement