Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are multiple accounts allowed?

Options
  • 03-05-2015 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

It was my understanding that there was no issue with users having more than one account as long as they weren't used to break the rules (sock puppeting) or circumvent a ban. I didn't notice anything in the rules about not owning multiple accounts either.

I saw this thread in the prison forum where an admin claims that you must have specific permission to have an alternate account, even in a forum where privacy can be an issue. Again, I can't see anything in the rules about this. Can someone clarify this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you have a good reason for having a second account, such as using it to post sensitive personal details that you'd rather not make public on your main account, then that's fine. Otherwise we've always adhered to the principle of one person, one account.

However I'm not going to comment on that specific Prison thread as there may be more to it than is publicly visible and I don't have all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I don't wish to discuss that user, just the admin claim.

You say there is a principle of one person, one account but is that actually set out anywhere for users to see?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It is, in the Boards Terms of Use:
    6.2 Accounts and passwords

* You will not create more than one personal profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Zaph wrote: »
    It is, in the Boards Terms of Use:

Thank you. I couldn't find the Terms of Use page. It doesn't seem to be linked in the drop down menu. I was going by the FAQ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement