Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build 1440p

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Yeah you're right Sterling, It's not that big yet so I should definitely wait.

I'm going for the MSI gtx 970, unfortunately it's not the colour I need, but I may paint over the red bits that can be seen with white paint.
    The galax HOF looks tasty tho! I also read online that the MSI is good for overclocking. Would a 630w PSU be enough for the build if I plan on overclocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

More than enough,could probably get away with 970 sli and a bit of overclocking if its a decent unit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

If its the Thermaltake Berlin, anything over 700 w one will run you 80+ euro.

Don't know how that works for your budget.

it's a Thermaltake but not the Berlin version.

It's this one: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/630-Watt-Thermaltake-Smart-SE-Modular-80-_836866.html

Has decent reviews, although I'm still slightly skeptical as I heard the PSU quality is very important.

AHHHH IM SO EXCITEDDD!!!!!

Just placed my order! Ended up going with the Gigabyte G1 970 instead, and also decided to get another 8gb of ram as I plan on streaming with twitch, and was told that it is probably a good idea.

So the spec list:

i5 4690k
    16gb Hyper X Ram (white)
    MSI z97s Krait black and white motherboard
    Crucial BX100 250gb SSD
    GTX 970 G1 Gigabyte
    630 SE modular PSU by Thermaltake
    Enermax Liqmax ii 240 Liquid cpu cooler
    Nzxt source white 340 case.

Can't wait for it all to get here. Went a bit over the planned expenditure, as I got more ram, and little hidden costs cropped up too. Also had to order from 2 different sites, but it's done now so now we just play the waiting game.
    I actually don't have enough to buy that LG monitor, so it will have to wait a little bit, and I forgot to order a cheapo keyboard so gonna have to fish an old one from some mates or something.

Don't know how I'm gonna manage with all my assessments now haha, literally shaking with excitement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement