Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX returning games

Options
  • 03-05-2015 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I picked up Killzone Shadow fall and metal gear solid ground zeroes the other day from CEX. Killzone worked fine but MGS would only play the first mission and wouldnt work after that. Can I just bring it back with the receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bring it straight back in, check for scratches to back up your case maybe but if a 2nd hand game isn't working properly, there *should* be no problem getting a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

sheehy83 wrote: »
    bring it straight back in, check for scratches to back up your case maybe but if a 2nd hand game isn't working properly, there *should* be no problem getting a refund.

Thank you. Ill head there some day this week after work or at the weekend and get my money back. hoping it wasn't a waste of €20

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

If they've sold you goods that aren't fit for purpose you're protected under The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act 1980;

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

I'm sure when you go in to them and explain that the disk isn't reading beyond a certain point they'll be happy to give you a replacement if they have it in stock, or credit if they don't.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If they've sold you goods that aren't fit for purpose you're protected under The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act 1980;

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

I'm sure when you go in to them and explain that the disk isn't reading beyond a certain point they'll be happy to give you a replacement if they have it in stock, or credit if they don't.

Let us know how you get on.

He doesn't have to accept credit; if they don't have a replacement for a faulty product he is entitled to a cash refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I work there you'll be fine aslong as you have the receipt, you'll get a replacement anyway and if there's no other copies there you'll be grand getting a refund!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Zillah wrote: »
    He doesn't have to accept credit; if they don't have a replacement for a faulty product he is entitled to a cash refund.

You're absolutely correct, he/she is entitled to a refund if desired.

Advertisement