Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait for Skylake and the 3xx before upgrading?

Options
  • 03-05-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Do you guys think the prices of the stuff that's out there now will come down?

Or will it be worth buying these new components for future proofing etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I was asking the same question but I decided not to wait any longer and just got the latest socket 1150 with latest i7 cpu instead

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭BeardedBadger

What did you upgrade from if you don't mind me asking? Did you notice much of a difference in games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What're you upgrading from is the question? If you're not stuck for upgrades then it could be worth waiting the month or so just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

What did you upgrade from if you don't mind me asking? Did you notice much of a difference in games?

From a Dualcore AMD Athlon laptop that is frmo 2009 :) I don't play games but maybe I will again

What're you upgrading from is the question? If you're not stuck for upgrades then it could be worth waiting the month or so just incase

Hey Solitude, I'd be upgrading from a phenom x4 965. I'm going to get an ssd and new ram anyway and the whole upgrade is tempting

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with the CPU IMO, what's your graphics card?

Nothing wrong with the CPU IMO, what's your graphics card?

It's been a great servant to me, great buy for the price imo
    Just bought a r9 290 recently. Looking forward to getting the ssd and ran in there now and checking out how things run

You'll be flying with the 290 then, maybe a slight bottleneck in CPU intensive games but I doubt an upgrade is necessary.

Thanks a million. I'll keep that in mind :)

Advertisement