Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A mate was killed today

• 03-05-2015 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm lost for words, totally dumbfounded.

A great friend was killed on his bike today.

NEWS

F*ck. Man I'm lost for words on this one.

He was on a charity run for DSI (Downs Syndrome Ireland), he also lead the Christmas charity run to the womens shelter in Rathmines.

Sorry this is all a little disjointed but my head is all over the place.

RIP Aidan, God bless you, your wife and three beautiful children.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I've been here before dude. Be with friends or your family- No going solo.. Take care..

Obviously so sorry for his family..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

NEWS

He was on a charity run for DSI (Downs Syndrome Ireland), he also lead the Christmas charity run to the womens shelter in Rathmines.

Sorry to hear that Graham Dead Magnet...

Sad that he was doing so much good for others. Dark days ahead for his family...hopefully they'll get through this with the help of family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

NEWS

Sorry to hear your sad news. Was that the accident in CO Clare?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

NEWS

Very sorry to read this, thoughts with you and all of his family and friends

Mind yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    I've been here before dude. Be with friends or your family- No going solo.. Take care..

Yea, most long users of this forum will recall me putting more than just a few of these notices up over the years.

This was one of the best guys you'll ever meet. A huge inspiration to many and took his work with DSI to a vocation.. Also a journalist with Road Racing Ireland and Bike Buyers Guide.

Aidan Lynam RIP

• Advertisement

More details are breaking in The Indo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Sorry for your loss.. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

sad sad news. Lost for words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant believe this either, met him a good few times at the road races. Wasnt lucky enough to call him a friend but you get to know people that are in the same circles as you. Very nice chap and a vastly experienced rider and gave alot of time to charities.

Condolences to his family and all that knew him well.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm shocked, really fu@king shocked, didn't know him personally, just on the various forums, he did so much for dsi. Condolences to family and friends. RIP

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant believe this either, met him a good few times at the road races. Wasnt a friend but you get to know people that are in the same circles as you. Vastly experienced rider and gave alot of time to charities.

Condolences to his family and all that knew him well.

R.I.P

Yup anyone involved even in the smallest way in racing will have met Aidan.

I've hardly stopped crying today, the phone calls and texts haven't stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Yup anyone involved even in the smallest way in racing will have met Aidan.

I've hardly stopped crying today, the phone calls and texts haven't stopped.

Lost a good friend also off the bikes, its tough. Condolences to you and he's family RIP Aidan Lynam

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Hate hearing about this. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Very very said, the more you read about the chap the nicer a bloke he comes across. Well able to handle his bike too I'm sure.

Take care of yourself makomi!

RIP. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Hate hearing about this. RIP

Condolences to all involved...god bless..

I'm sure the driver will be back driving tomorrow...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Always sad to lose some one who works Tirelessly for others, Don't move in Biking circles at all, but my thoughts extend to all Family, Friends and all he worked with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

A very sad day for biking in Ireland, was honored to be able to say I knew Aido, he really was one of the very few we'd all like to be like, a great guy who's devotion to DSI was incredible, my thoughts go out to his family especially his little girl.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

If she's at fault and pulled out in front of the bike I hope she's hit with a driving ban of at least several years.

Car drivers show f*ck all respect to bikes on the road.

While I agree with where you are coming from until the facts are known let's keep it respectful, his family and friends will be reading this I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Condolences to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Sorry for your loss.
    All my thoughts go to the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Sad to hear this. Was working today with another guy who knew him. Condolences to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Condolences to you and your friends family and friends. I don't know either or ride a motor bike, car user.

Actually the second person I have heard of this year to know a bike user killed while riding, the other guy I knew his friend was killed around Constitution Hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am sorry to hear this, its tough to lose mates, it's also not the first time I have seen you post about losing someone.
    Thoughts for the Family and yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Condolences, may he Rest In Peace, was actually waiting at the Ferry to meet them when news came through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

So sad and tragic. My thoughts are with his family.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

jvan wrote: »
    While I agree with where you are coming from until the facts are known let's keep it respectful, his family and friends will be reading this I'm sure.
    Stop being so condescending. I haven't shown any disrespect to his family. It's directed at the car driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Condolences to all involved...god bless..

I'm sure the driver will be back driving tomorrow...:rolleyes:

Ah come off it. Let's show respect for the guy that died in such tragic circumstances without these implications around the circumstances of the accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭omerin

This is truly terrible news. I remember him from my time on a biker forum and later on the radio getting publicity for the run. RIP
    Lets not point fingers before the full facts are known

If she's at fault and pulled out in front of the bike I hope she's hit with a driving ban of at least several years.

Car drivers show f*ck all respect to bikes on the road.

Deep comiserations to the family and friends of the deceased. Sounds like he was a great guy.

but in answer to the quoted text....

Ridiculous generalisation.

I drive every day of the week and see motor cyclists do some crazy driving regularly. More often than not weaving in and out and passing where it is very very dangerous. I am sure that was not the case with the deceased today as it was a charity event but the generalisation by this poster is garbage.

• Advertisement

Stop being so condescending. I haven't shown any disrespect to his family. It's directed at the car driver.

You are still at it.

Mods, a ban is called for here.

Advertisement