Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soulful bistro closed

Options
  • 03-05-2015 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I see moira has closed down the restaurant which is a pity as she announced a new chef only a few weeks earlier.

Anyone know what's going to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Have to say I always preferred the Green Chili when it was there before - I missed that!. But Sorry to see a business close down. i hope something else opens instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Ah balls. I thought they were just closed for some building work or something. I ate there the day I moved to the Stoneybatter area and I enjoyed the occasional late breakfast in there at weekends. The staff were always a bit of craic too. I'll be sorry to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ate there twice and both occasions it was cat.
    Last time was with my Dad, he had a steak and said it was about 24 hours from turning.

He ate it anyway because he's an animal lol but certainly wouldnt have gone back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ate there twice and both occasions it was cat.
    Cat on the menu :eek: :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Ate there twice too. The food was grand but the service was horrendous both times. Both times waiting far too long considering what we ordered and both times the way the owner spoke to her staff was horrendous. The latter was what really put me off the place. Just couldn't bring myself to give her any more of my money. I got the impression it wasn't a once (well twice) off either. She wasn't particularly pleasant to customers, ourselves and any others I saw her interact with either time as well.
    Hard and stressful thing, to start a business, and it's always a shame to see one fail. And who knows what other personal stuff she may have had going on. But I think she should try a less people focused one in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

strobe wrote: »
    both times the way the owner spoke to her staff was horrendous

I ate there once and found both the food and the service very poor. I left a bad review online and she replied to apologise for the service - adding her own criticism of the employee involved - but said not a word about the food. It seemed to me that she was trying to put 100% of the responsibility for the negative experience on her staff as if she herself was free of any blame. Never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Wasn't there a big to-do about this restaurant on Boards when it initially opened? If it's the same place then it sounds like the owner didn't learn from her mistakes over the years.

Advertisement