Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulcrum 3 v Quattro

• 03-05-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently looking at upgrading my stock wheels does anybody have opinions or experiences with both of these and the differences? Price for the 3's are over 100 euro and are a shallower and lighter pair. I am completely stuck between the two so any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I have the threes. Love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Splash the extra bit and get the 3's. Great wheel, usually a bit lighter than the claimed 1550g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have the Campy Scirrocco's which are the Campy version of the Quattro's.
    I love them. When the bearings went I replaced with SKF bearings. Turned them into an even better wheel. 35mm front and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

Is there any benefit of the (slightly) deeper rims on the Quattro? The extra money for the 3 isn't a problem

bcmf wrote: »
    I have the Campy Scirrocco's which are the Campy version of the Quattro's.
    I love them. When the bearings went I replaced with SKF bearings. Turned them into an even better wheel. 35mm front and back.

Yeah im considering some scirroccos for my campy equipped bike once I'v sorted my main bikes wheels out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

3's look to be a good price on wiggle at the minute

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-3-clincher-wheelset/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Have the quattros, great wheels, can't fault them, probably not a huge difference between both sets

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    3's look to be a good price on wiggle at the minute

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-3-clincher-wheelset/

Yeah thanks I saw that but no shimano available at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Advertisement