Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

See-through bodycon, help!

• 03-05-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I recently bought a bodycon dress for my graduation but it's quite see through. It's light green. I tried getting stick on cups but you can see them through it too! I also tried thongs but you can see my bum through it so no point. And with normal underwear you can see them through. Any tips I'm so desperate ! Is there any whole body coverage thing I can wear underneath hahaha :(?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I recently bought a bodycon dress for my graduation but it's quite see through. It's light green. I tried getting stick on cups but you can see them through it too! I also tried thongs but you can see my bum through it so no point. And with normal underwear you can see them through. Any tips I'm so desperate ! Is there any whole body coverage thing I can wear underneath hahaha :(?

Go buy a full bodysuit dress (like a tight slip) - look in the underwear section of M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

Go buy a full bodysuit dress (like a tight slip) - look in the underwear section of M&S

Thank you I will !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Thank you I will !

Bring the dress to try on with underwear before you buy!

Bring the dress to try on with underwear before you buy!

Yes good idea! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is wearing another dress an option? Graduations are typically quite formal, and a see-through bodycon dress doesn't sound appropriate, even if you wear something inside it. If you can't even wear underwear with it, it would be suited to a night out but not a graduation.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Is wearing another dress an option? Graduations are typically quite formal, and a see-through bodycon dress doesn't sound appropriate, even if you wear something inside it. If you can't even wear underwear with it, it would be suited to a night out but not a graduation.

It's a long bodycon though it's more like a midi dress than a bodycon. I would be wearing a comono with it aswell and a clutch bag so it does look quite formal in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I think it's more the fact that it's see through that makes it inappropriate for a graduation to be fair. I certainly wouldn't like to be at something like that in a see through dress. I'd be self conscious about it all day. If you wanna wear it do, but something else might be more appropriate and you can wear that dress for another occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

You'll need to make sure it's ok under a camera flash too, not just daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Are you handy with a sewing machine? You could get lining for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

A different dress for something as formal as your graduation would be my suggestion. Anything in any way see through for such a formal arena would be a no no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement