Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT fail.....

Options
  • 03-05-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Quick question guys...
    Driving Ford Focus 1.8 Tddi...Went for NCT last week..Everything looked/felt fine with car so did'nt bother with Pre NCT...
    I thought that just in case of problems with emmisions I put in some additive to diesel to clean up engine (as I thought)...Turns out failed on smoke @ 4.430/m and limits are 3.00/m
    Would the additive I put into tank have caused it to fail and if so how best to sort this problem out..

TY folks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's unlikely that the additive caused it to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

What additive was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Its Redex....I put it in on full tank but only had 1/4 tank used before going for test...Maybe not enough time to burn it out???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭9935452

it might not help but to be fair it never got a chance to do its job either.

Advertisement