Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm having a problem with a Canon 550D ....

• 03-05-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭

Have any of you come across this intermittent issue with a 550D before and if so what had you to do to solve it ....

When I press the shutter button it takes a picture like normal but when I realise the button sometimes it takes another picture (or sometimes multiple additional pictures).

The camera would be on single shot when this happens, the firmware is up to date, and it is definitely an issue in the camera as I've tried exchanging everything (cards / battery / lenses / etc) but the problem remains.

It doesn't happen every time and there is no real pattern to when it will happen or when it'll work normally.

The shutter count isn't very high, probably around 50,000 (can't read it off this camera but I've about 30,000 stored images from this and I'm guessing I'd have dumped no more than 40% of what was taken so it's a fairly reasonable estimate).

It's an absolute pain in the hole as I can end up with loads of rubbish on the card and if it goes and takes loads of additional pictures the camera basically freezes until they're all written onto the card.

Have any of you come across this before?

If so what's the fix?

A new camera is probably not too far off at this stage but I'd still like to hold on to this as a back-up camera.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My first thought would be to see if you have (auto exposure) bracketed shots set up. That wouldn't explain intermittent faults though.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Bracketing automatically switches off on that model camera when it's powered off so it can't be that.

The more I check the more it looks like its a gammy shutter button

Advertisement