Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabra to Adelaide Road

Options
  • 03-05-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I live in Donegal and staying in Cabra Monday night. I've to get from Bannow Road to the Eye and Ear Hospital on Tuesday morning for 8 o'clock. Can anyone advise as to the best route please? What time would I need to leave the house?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

46a will drop you on Lesson Street, just around the corner from the eye and ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishma

Thanks Birneybau, I should have mentioned I'll be driving myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

It will take about 30 -40 minutes but allow for more.

Avoid Phibsborough.

Its complicated to explain the one way systems ... but here...

Come down onto the Cabra Road
    Turn right at Charleville Road and then left onto North Circular Road.
    Turn Right onto Rathdown road and go down through Grangegorman.

At the end of Grangegorman turn left onto North Brunswick st.
    At the End of North Brunswick st turn right onto Church St.

Go Straight - over the liffey - up the hill and follow traffic onto Cormarket i think its called..
    Get in lane for turning right.
    At Christchurch - turn right onto Nicholas St - then straight onto Patrick St.
    After St Patricks Cathedral at lights turn left onto Kevin Street.
    Straight onto Lights then turn right onto New Bride St.
    Go Straight down to the end of the street at lights turn left onto South Circular Road.
    Follow traffic down street - turn left with traffic and then right - going round the bleeding horse pub/camden court hotel.
    Then get into left lane - turn left onto harcourt st then immediate right onto Upper Hatch Street ( you cross over the luas lines here)
    Go Down upper Hatch st until lights. Turn right and then left onto Adelaide Road.

I know it sounds very difficult but mostly you are just following the traffic flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishma

Thanks Red Hare, made it in 35 mins. Heading back to the traffic jams of Donegal now;-)

Advertisement