Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know what it's like to live away from Waterford ?

Options
  • 03-05-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

After the game today which i paid a well spent tenner for on gogaa.....I watched a video on youtube of a guy driving through Waterford....just driving thats all ....."Now this is merchants quay.....turning up Thomas street...left up on to Ballybricken....down Patrick Street......Saddest thing is ..... I enjoyed it....Christ i miss home........Up the Deise well done today lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    After the game today which i paid a well spent tenner for on gogaa.....I watched a video on youtube of a guy driving through Waterford....just driving thats all ....."Now this is merchants quay.....turning up Thomas street...left up on to Ballybricken....down Patrick Street......Saddest thing is ..... I enjoyed it....Christ i miss home........Up the Deise well done today lads

send us a link there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

You wouldn't enjoy it if you had to walk that route, too hilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

where yea at?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Although I still live in Waterford, I would often watch the old clips on youtube from the viewpoint of being in a car driving through Waterford around the early 90's (I think)...through Sallypark, the old quays, Dunmore road etc.
    Interesting viewing to see the town, and old road layouts (i.e. before the roundabout was put in at the train station) as I remember as a child

They were put up on youtube by the architects/solicitors that are based down by Lombard street....can't think of their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

nice post, a lot of people I meet who bad mouth the place have never lived away from here and think the grass is greener etc etc. Lived away for years myself, missed it big time, delighted to be back, loads of good stuff to be happy about here.

• Advertisement

done a wee bit of traveling years ago. love returning home. wouldnt live anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    done a wee bit of traveling years ago. love returning home. wouldnt live anywhere else

That is a lovely sentiment to express :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Great video, amazing how much has changed and also how little traffic there is on the roads.

shockwave wrote: »
    Great video, amazing how much has changed and also how little traffic there is on the roads.

yea thank you for posting this. must check out the other videos the uploader posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

20 odd years later and they're still at the road works on the quay haha.

cococoady wrote: »

hahaha excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Although I'm not from Waterford, I married a Waterford man and have been living here as long as I lived in my original home place plus I was visiting here for years before finally moving her I now consider here my home. After I've been away I love coming back into Waterford and once I'm near the train station I get the feeling that I'm home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

cococoady wrote: »

I first visited Waterford in 1988, moved her in 1997 and yeah they were working on the roads back then. There wasn't really any housing estates out past the first row of houses in Earls Court until River View.

Rush hour might have consisted of 3 cars at the traffic lights :D

deisemum wrote: »
    Rush hour might have consisted of 3 cars at the traffic lights :D

bet yea those 3 cars are still there!

Advertisement