Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced florist in Tallaght

Options
  • 04-05-2015 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone can recommend a florist who delivers in the South Dublin area (i.e Tallaght).

Don't have a whole lot of money and looking at some websites, it looks pretty expensive.
    If it would make it cheaper to buy them in person, I probably would, but I would prefer to have them delivered.

Anyone any suggestions of reasonably prices florists?

Comments

A lot of florists use standard interflora websites, and so will always look quite expensive. However you can ring any florist and tell them how much you want to spend and they will help you with your price. Delivery is usually in addition to the price of the flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A lot of florists use standard interflora websites, and so will always look quite expensive. However you can ring any florist and tell them how much you want to spend and they will help you with your price. Delivery is usually in addition to the price of the flowers.

Good idea, I think I'll do that.
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

AM I RIGHT TO BE ANGRY?
    Would really appreciate a second view on this. I ordered flowers from a florist in Tallaght yesterday for my GF, a dozen red roses (expensive).
    I will give you the short story: Instead of delivering them, they rang her and more or less asked her to come and collect them from the shop. And there was only 11 roses in the bunch too. If that's not bad enough, the card I asked them to write on this: "get well soon mum from Bump". Quite obviously sick and pregnant, hence why I wanted to do something nice for her.
    I'm pi**ed. I would really like another opinion on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Yes you are right to be angry, thats shocking service. Although clarification is needed.

You paid for a dozen roses and delivery I presume. Did you order online, or did you speak to a member of staff?

If you ordered online it is very possible the shop did not have 12 roses left in stock when you made the order. If you spoke to a member of staff they should have advised you as such.

Again, if you ordered online and requested same day delivery, its possible the delivery driver was already gone out on their routes with other orders and would not be back. That could be why the option of collection was given.

Most florists use independant delivery drivers who dont actually work for the shop but who provide an "as required" delivery service for numerous shops.

So, did you order online for same day delivery after 2pm?

Or did the shop fcuk up?

I ordered online before 10.
    They said their personal delivery guy couldn't get into building even though I gave them really detailed instruction and options to get in including phoning my gf from the door. They said he didn't have a phone.
    When I rang (about delivery) I mentioned the lack of dozen roses and they said, the girls must not have counted them right.
    I paid for delivery.

Thanks for the reply, I really wanted second opinion on this. I felt like going over and throwing flowers back at them.

Further to the story, they emailed me back today, said I upset a staff member. I swer to God, I talked to her for about 5/10 seconds. She handed phone straight the the owner when heard my tone. She didn't give a sh€T. But suddenly I'm that baddy. Even though I spent a fortune and they had my pregnant sick gf cross the road to pick up her own flowers.

Yes you are right to be angry, thats shocking service. Although clarification is needed.

You paid for a dozen roses and delivery I presume. Did you order online, or did you speak to a member of staff?

If you ordered online it is very possible the shop did not have 12 roses left in stock when you made the order. If you spoke to a member of staff they should have advised you as such.

Again, if you ordered online and requested same day delivery, its possible the delivery driver was already gone out on their routes with other orders and would not be back. That could be why the option of collection was given.

Most florists use independant delivery drivers who dont actually work for the shop but who provide an "as required" delivery service for numerous shops.

So, did you order online for same day delivery after 2pm?

Or did the shop fcuk up?

• Advertisement

Collyb101 wrote: »
    I ordered online before 10.
    They said their personal delivery guy couldn't get into building even though I gave them really detailed instruction and options to get in including phoning my gf from the door. They said he didn't have a phone.
    When I rang (about delivery) I mentioned the lack of dozen roses and they said, the girls must not have counted them right.
    I paid for delivery.

Thanks for the reply, I really wanted second opinion on this. I felt like going over and throwing flowers back at them.

Further to the story, they emailed me back today, said I upset a staff member. I swer to God, I talked to her for about 5/10 seconds. She handed phone straight the the owner when heard my tone. She didn't give a sh€T. But suddenly I'm that baddy. Even though I spent a fortune and they had my pregnant sick gf cross the road to pick up her own flowers.

It can be difficult for delivery drivers to access some properties (business, private or otherwise) for various reasons.

By the sounds of things, the flower shop's delivery driver was not given clear instructioms from the shop. The fact that he/she did not have a shop or personal mobile phone is also a concern.

You ordered before 10am for same day delivery so that is not a problem.

It is possible that a junior member of staff made the bouquet but it should be checked 3 times before it leaves the shop.

The shop's owner and staff are wholly at fault here. Even if it was your mistake, they should be polite and respectful.

At the end of the day, you purchased 12 flowers to be delivered. You got 11 flowers and had to collect them.

Its not good enough and its that type of attitude that keeps buyers shopping in supermarkets and petrol stations.

Just for clarity. I know a person who owns a flower shop and I have delivered flowers on and off for 9 years. Your story is an example of a poor shop unfortunately.

Id like to think they had an off day which everyone is entitled to but the response you got was sub par and I get the feeling you would not be unique in your experience.

Was there any apology or good will gesture?

Im glad you responded. You obviously have a great input into this sector.
    The owner at the time was very apologetic. I told him on phone I would contact him today as I was so angry and I didn't want to say something I would regret. He said he would send flowers as a sorry token. I emailed him today and he's NOW trying to make out that I was abusive to his staff. I spoke to a girl for literally 5/10 seconds and she just handed me straight over. I was not abusive. She had no interest. Suddenly today she's stating I made her feel uncomfortable.
    I told him to keep his flowers.

I'd love to go to the shop and give him a good telling.

This has put me off ordering flowers for life.

It can be difficult for delivery drivers to access some properties (business, private or otherwise) for various reasons.

By the sounds of things, the flower shop's delivery driver was not given clear instructioms from the shop. The fact that he/she did not have a shop or personal mobile phone is also a concern.

You ordered before 10am for same day delivery so that is not a problem.

It is possible that a junior member of staff made the bouquet but it should be checked 3 times before it leaves the shop.

The shop's owner and staff are wholly at fault here. Even if it was your mistake, they should be polite and respectful.

At the end of the day, you purchased 12 flowers to be delivered. You got 11 flowers and had to collect them.

Its not good enough and its that type of attitude that keeps buyers shopping in supermarkets and petrol stations.

Just for clarity. I know a person who owns a flower shop and I have delivered flowers on and off for 9 years. Your story is an example of a poor shop unfortunately.

Id like to think they had an off day which everyone is entitled to but the response you got was sub par and I get the feeling you would not be unique in your experience.

Was there any apology or good will gesture?

Im glad you responded. You obviously have a great input into this sector.
    The owner at the time was very apologetic. I told him on phone I would contact him today as I was so angry and I didn't want to say something I would regret. He said he would send flowers as a sorry token. I emailed him today and he's NOW trying to make out that I was abusive to his staff. I spoke to a girl for literally 5/10 seconds and she just handed me straight over. I was not abusive. She had no interest. Suddenly today she's stating I made her feel uncomfortable.
    I told him to keep his flowers.

I'd love to go to the shop and give him a good telling.

This has put me off ordering flowers for life.

I have no input at all just a general knowledge.

Ok, so the owner apologised. That is standard enough practice.

The staff member may or may not have felt uncomfortable after your brief intrraction. I would imagine the frustration you felt carried through to the tone of your voice. If she was young and inexperienced she may have taken offence, some people are more easily offended than others. Of course, the possibility is there for the staff member to just be using that as an excuse to defer from their initial fcuk up.

The owner has heard both sides of the argument and has offered to send a new bouquet which you refused.

There would be no point in throwing back the flowers and giving him a telling off. By all means express your frustration at the lack of professionalism and ensure them they have lost a customer.

Ordering online is convienient but its an inpersonal transaction for a very personal purchase.

Its always best to go into the shop if possible and order in person for your first order. If satisfied with the delivery and you are happy with that particular shop then in the future you feel better using the online ordering system.

Dont be put off, just use a different shop.

Thanks for being the voice of reason SFP.
    I'll try not to let this experience put me off. I have a beautiful Fiancé and a beutiful baby girl on the way. When she's born I'll certainly be buying my Baloons and Flowers elsewhere.

Cheers again.

I have no input at all just a general knowledge.

Ok, so the owner apologised. That is standard enough practice.

The staff member may or may not have felt uncomfortable after your brief intrraction. I would imagine the frustration you felt carried through to the tone of your voice. If she was young and inexperienced she may have taken offence, some people are more easily offended than others. Of course, the possibility is there for the staff member to just be using that as an excuse to defer from their initial fcuk up.

The owner has heard both sides of the argument and has offered to send a new bouquet which you refused.

There would be no point in throwing back the flowers and giving him a telling off. By all means express your frustration at the lack of professionalism and ensure them they have lost a customer.

Ordering online is convienient but its an inpersonal transaction for a very personal purchase.

Its always best to go into the shop if possible and order in person for your first order. If satisfied with the delivery and you are happy with that particular shop then in the future you feel better using the online ordering system.

Dont be put off, just use a different shop.

Thanks for being the voice of reason SFP.
    I'll try not to let this experience put me off. I have a beautiful Fiancé and a beutiful baby girl on the way. When she's born I'll certainly be buying my Baloons and Flowers elsewhere.

Cheers again.

No hassle man,

Best of luck to you and the family for the future and God help that florist if they continue like that.

Have a good one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement