Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5c acting up since last iOS update

• 04-05-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

My sons iPhone 5c is 18 months old.

Since the last software update his clock keeps changing times and his wifi reception is cutting off.

He tells me lots of people are have same issue since the update.

Just looking to know is anyone else her on boards aware of this issue or can anyone advise me what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Probably best to erase it all and maybe try an iCloud restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Zcott wrote: »
    Probably best to erase it all and maybe try an iCloud restore.

Just an update,

I did the above and there was no change.

I left it into a local repair store twice within the past week and it's still the same :(

Finally sorted the iPhone after calling apple twice yesterday.

My desktop PC has windows 7 and there was a problem with apples iTunes for windows 7 soo they emailed me a fixed version of iTunes.

Then the iPhone was reset and latest software installed and all ok again, except now the phone is taking an eternity too charge and the battery is draining rapid too :(

Update and it's bad news again :(

Today the phone battery died after 20 minutes and now it won't fully charge!

Disaster it's now unusable and also gets extremely hot.

Extremely disappointed in the iPhone 5c. There are 2 iPads and 4 iPhones in my home this is the first time I had trouble with quality in an Apple product. :(

Another update!

I called apple and they have kindly booked me a free repair or replacement :)

I just remembered though the screen was replaced two weeks ago by a local dad get store.

I'm concerned now that Apple will turn it away after they learn the screen was replaced, can anyone here shed any light on this please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

A couple of users have stated before that they sent an iPhone back to apple with the screen replaced and it was never noticed.

I just want to share my story again.

Despite my iPhone being 18 months old and out of warranty by 6 months Apple kindly took the phone back, inspected it and sent me out a brand new replacement phjne with a new 3 month warranty!

I have to say the Apple helpline staff are amazing nice people to deal with and I think Apple deserve a pat on the back for giving me a new phone, I'm extremely happy with Apple and their after care :)

Advertisement