Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillow for toddler?

Options
  • 04-05-2015 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

We are considering getting a pillow for our 15 month old boy. He has always been a great sleeper but recently he has started semi waking a few times during the night and will whinge or cry for a few minutes and then shuffle around before going back to sleep. OH reckons he isn't comfortable because often when we go to check on him, he will have his teddy wedged under his head or neck, as if he is trying to use it as a pillow :o He wears a sleeping bag and the teddy is the only thing we put in the cot
    him, I have always been wary of putting anything extra in because he moves around an awful lot in his sleep and it was drummed into me about the danger of bumpers and pillows etc but at 15 months, is he old enough for a pillow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We are considering getting a pillow for our 15 month old boy. He has always been a great sleeper but recently he has started semi waking a few times during the night and will whinge or cry for a few minutes and then shuffle around before going back to sleep. OH reckons he isn't comfortable because often when we go to check on him, he will have his teddy wedged under his head or neck, as if he is trying to use it as a pillow :o He wears a sleeping bag and the teddy is the only thing we put in the cot
    him, I have always been wary of putting anything extra in because he moves around an awful lot in his sleep and it was drummed into me about the danger of bumpers and pillows etc but at 15 months, is he old enough for a pillow?

Clevamamma do a toddler pillow you could look at. We had the baby pillow which we put under the sheet. My 15 month old does serious acrobats in his cot bed so a pillow would be no use to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

We were very careful about having nothing in the cot for the first year, we've been a bit more easygoing since. He has an ikea cot quilt and baby pillow, he is far happier sleeping on top of the quilt most of the time, but will snuggle under it if he gets cold. I think he prefers it to the sleeping bags we used to use as he can self-regulate his temperature now. He usually has a couple of his favourite teddies in with him too. (We wouldn't have allowed this when he was smaller.) Still wouldn't/won't ever use a cot bumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

..... Still wouldn't/won't ever use a cot bumper!

you can get/make ones like this - be safer ? :

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Mama-Designs-Wonder-Bumpers/dp/B00373M5EG

4774f1c2f14f3c0b675edfbd8ff48ec3.md.jpg

I just don't see the need to be honest! He needs to learn the boundaries of his cot if we are ever going to transfer him into a bed. He has yet to injure himself or even wake himself up by banging himself off the cot bars. Hopefully it'll make it easier to transfer him to a bed, when the time comes. :)

And, wow, just saw the price! :eek: That's now than twice the price of my cot itself!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

And, wow, just saw the price! :eek: That's now than twice the price of my cot itself!!!

zips n velcro n a bit of BnQ:

http://www.diy.com/departments/climaflex-pipe-insulation-l2m-dia15mm/26871_BQ.prd

or throw the cat in to mind em - has to earn his Whiskas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We used the clevamana pillow from about 10 or 11 months and then at about 18 months we got him a cot pillow from Mothercare. I would say 15 months was fine for a pillow, tbh. It was for us. It makes him sleep better too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

You could put pillow under sheet and see if this safer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Skittlespink

I got a toddler pillow and duvet in mothercare when my little girl was about 18 months, and she slept so much better. I'm sure pillow was less than €20! We also have a pillow under the mattress in her cot which gives her a slight incline at top which seems to help aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I am glad someone asked this question. Was just wondering myself if a pillow would help my 16 month old sleep better. Will look into that clevamama toddler pillow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Thanks everyone we're going to give the clevamama pillow a go too. We used their sleep positioner when he was a refluxy newborn and found it brilliant so hopefully the pillow will be the same. We're going to try putting it under the sheet at first to see if it might stop him leaping around so much in his sleep :D

Advertisement