Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeletics

Options
  • 04-05-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hiya, I've been doing triathlons the last few years in Ireland and am in germany for work at the minute. I like to exercise 5-6 days a week and was thinking of doing freeletics 2 days a week. Has any tri athlete here given it a go to complement their triathlon training? I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I would never do that kind of training to complement my triathlon training. It seems like it's something entirely different than what my body needs and I think that triathletes are better of we more aerobic strength trainings.

That being said, I don't know anything about your history and is your body maybe used/can benefit from this kind of training. I know that this would get me injured or lower my times before I would get a chance to get any benefits of it...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

What is it?

HIIT I believe - Crossfit/Instanity type stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Yeah high intensity training. Its massive in germany.
    Maybe not the best for traiathlons but handy as I don't want to join a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

you could also do steinlupfen if you dont want to join a gym. i guess you have to go 1 min into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGE4PGregQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

peter kern wrote: »
    you could also do steinlupfen if you dont want to join a gym. i guess you have to go 1 min into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGE4PGregQ

Some girls in there that could fork bales! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

AKW wrote: »
    Some girls in there that could fork bales! ;)

are you suggesting that hit training has an negative impact on triathlon performance ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

peter kern wrote: »
    are you suggesting that hit training has an negative impact on triathlon performance ???

Nope, but did't see too many typical triathletes in that video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Hi
    Does anyone have advice on doing freletics strength without the coach.

Advertisement