Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro d'Italia 2015 May 9th - 31st (please use spoiler tags)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He crashed prior to the cobbles iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It's mad, the guy used to be an xc mountainbike racer, he should have no problems with the cobbles.

Yeah, and as Pudsy points out he went down 2 or 3 times in the one stage before he even got to the cobbles and decided to retire that day. He crashed in the stage the day before too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It's mad, the guy used to be an xc mountainbike racer, he should have no problems with the cobbles.

It's a complete mystery actually. Someone coming from MTB should have great handling skills. But Froome is useless in the rain, slightly better than Wiggins but still brutal.

It's a characteristic all Sky GC contenders share. Porte is brutal on wet descents as well. I seriously think they should hire someone like Sean Kelly as a coach.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

MPFG wrote: »
    I see no one is opting fro Nibali ?? And he probably has the strongest team and is the best on cobbles

Losing to Horner in the Vuelta has put me off Nibali forever. :).

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Brian? wrote: »
    It's a complete mystery actually. Someone coming from MTB should have great handling skills. But Froome is useless in the rain, slightly better than Wiggins but still brutal.

It's a characteristic all Sky GC contenders share. Porte is brutal on wet descents as well. I seriously think they should hire someone like Sean Kelly as a coach.

They cannot sign Sean Kelly or indeed alot of great coaches/DSs because of zero tolerance

They cannot sign Sean Kelly or indeed alot of great coaches/DSs because of zero tolerance

That didn't stop them signing Sean Yates etc.

they/them/theirs

That was before they brought in the zero tolerance policy and why Yates left....???????

I thought this was known

That was before they brought in the zero tolerance policy and why Yates left....???????

I thought this was known

Ah I don't know. I thought the zero tolerance policy was from the start.

they/them/theirs

I think its a stupid policy....not possible in the sport as it is now and they are missing out on so much expertise

They have the science and nutrition covered and marginal gains .... whatever they are

But they lack IMO the old wily racing brains like other teams have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And Geert Leinders as their doctor.

I thought this was known

I thought it was from the very start too, it was a corner stone of the team they were this new team riding clean with a clean past using fancy training methods and preparation only for their marginal gains.

edit: From the BBC
    Dave Brailsford made two big promises in 2009 when he announced the formation of a British-based cycling team for the following season.
    No longer satisfied with just Olympic domination, Team GB's commander-in-chief was going to use BSkyB cash to take the first home-grown rider to victory in the Tour de France within five years, and he was going to do it with a team untainted by doping......................

have seen three senior members of staff leave Team Sky, two having admitted to doping over a decade ago, and a retiring rider confess to having lied to the team about his past on at least two occasions. These four followed team doctor Geert Leinders out of the door, although he was eased out a few weeks before Usada boiled Lance.
    from http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/20147726

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The zero-tolerance policy was theoretically there from the beginning, but it was kinda ramped up when this came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Losing to Horner in the Vuelta has put me off Nibali forever. :).

Lance, Hinault, Merckx and Anquetil would all have lost to Horner in that particular race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ROK ON wrote: »
    Lance, Hinault, Merckx and Anquetil would all have lost to Horner in that particular race.

I was just going to post something similar :D

Advertisement