Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Landlord Problem

Options
  • 04-05-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hello, was living in Belfast there Jan/Feb, moved into a shared house, 1 room, didn't sign a lease with the landlord or anything but paid deposit and 2 months rent.

When I was leaving she said she'd get the deposit to me in Dublin, where I moved. Its been 2 months now and its been impossible to get in touch.

She got back to me last week, apologised about the delay and said she'd send a cheque for 100€. The rent was 230£. She said the delay was that she had to check what I owed in electricity (for 1 of the months) then I said to her, how I spent over 120£ on electricity, she replied "You left the water heater on a couple of times". WHAT. So basically I said I need prove of the elecricity bill etc and said I never used the heater at all. Haven't heard a thing back since, its been a week. Is there some type of resident rights place I can call, even if I don't get any money, I'd like it to be known in case she tries to scam anyone else. Cheers

Comments

Advertisement