Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the building?

Options
  • 04-05-2015 7:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On the waters' edge as you cross the new bridge going from Cork to Kilkenny, it's on the left?

And the big building on your right close to Kilmacthomas, is it a disused mill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

On the waters' edge as you cross the new bridge going from Cork to Kilkenny, it's on the left?

And the big building on your right close to Kilmacthomas, is it a disused mill?

It's an old work house if I'm understanding your directions correctly.
    There a famine graveyard not too far from it either if I'm not mistaken.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I figured it was a mill or a workhouse, thanks for that. It's an impressive site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There are offices in there now, lovely building.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Flahavans - the porridge people have it as their HQ - I think.

Yes there is a famine graveyard - can be seen from main road.

Was the Workhouse for the Area (as was St. Joseph's Hospital in Dungarvan for the West of the county

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Waterford Childcare Committee are based there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement