Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain America Comics

• 04-05-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me which of the TPB graphic novels would be the best starting point for someone brand new to The Cap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I started with Ed Brubaker's Captain America Omnibus which more or less begins with the Winter Soldier storyline:

Captain America Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection
    Captain America Red Menace Ultimate Collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Ridley wrote: »
    I started with Ed Brubaker's Captain America Omnibus which more or less begins with the Winter Soldier storyline:

Captain America Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection
    Captain America Red Menace Ultimate Collection

You should also pick up a copy of Mark Millar's " Civil War".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dunno if its the same as the poster above was mentioning, but was in Easons yesterday and they had Civil war #1-7 n a collection for like €17-20 which appeared good value.

Interested in getting into the Civil War thing myself to see whats going on. Although as usual with me and comics, little google to see what to read and where to start, has led to more time trying to figure out what to read, then actually reading :D

I ended up going for it, although digitally through Google. https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Mark_Millar_Civil_War?id=DD2kzASy0hMC

My Nexus tab has had a new lease of life acting as a book reader, and while I like physical stuff, and enjoy watching my collection grow, the price diff is a really big turning point for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Dunno if its the same as the poster above was mentioning, but was in Easons yesterday and they had Civil war #1-7 n a collection for like €17-20 which appeared good value.

Interested in getting into the Civil War thing myself to see whats going on. Although as usual with me and comics, little google to see what to read and where to start, has led to more time trying to figure out what to read, then actually reading :D

I ended up going for it, although digitally through Google. https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Mark_Millar_Civil_War?id=DD2kzASy0hMC

My Nexus tab has had a new lease of life acting as a book reader, and while I like physical stuff, and enjoy watching my collection grow, the price diff is a really big turning point for me.

Brubaker's run is amazing, goes through Civil War too. That or Waid's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mark Waid's run on Captain America vol.3 with Andy Kubert on pencils was quite good.

Think Andy joined from issue 3 or 4.

Starts with Heroes Return and is good for about thirty issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement