Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sometimes I worry....

• 04-05-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Ok sometimes i worry about myself, I just looked at my dog and had a giant rush of love and just think that no one could possibly love their dog more then me and that no dog in the world is as cute or good as mine.

I am genuinely worried that nobody else does this and need some other crazy pet lovers to help me realise i amn't alone in thinking this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Nope I do it all the time, I sometimes sit in my car when I am driving and cry at the thought that one day my dogs will pass away, true story

Yep you should be worried! You're crazy... Cus MY dog is the cutest in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

No, you're not crazy.

I'm easily crazier. My motivation to get a drivers license and a car is so I can take my dogs to different places. There's another reason that should be a bigger motivation but it isn't as motivating as my dogs are lol!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You are not alone. I would murder to death anyone who thought about hurting our cat. I hate leaving the house if she's going to be alone for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

If you're crazy,then I'm crazy too...yay. By choice, we don't have human children, we have our two dog babies and they are the center of our world
    Our eldest girl has had some serious health problems recently and we've been living on a knife edge with worry.
    Our bundles of joy fill our home with love and happiness and we love them with all our hearts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

ok phew!

Like i would look at him and get tears in my eyes because i love him so much! Like I worry about him so much because he is just so innocent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

That happens and then you think you could never love anything in this world as much as your dog!

Our eldest girl has had some serious health problems recently and we've been living on a knife edge with worry.

Sorry to hear this ^ . My dog suffers from a chronic lung problem which causes her to be extra susceptible to catching things and then being less capable of fighting them off. I'm forever worrying about something happening to her and then worrying that I won't be able to cope if it does! I hope your girl will be able to overcome her health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Sorry to hear this ^ . My dog suffers from a chronic lung problem which causes her to be extra susceptible to catching things and then being less capable of fighting them off. I'm forever worrying about something happening to her and then worrying that I won't be able to cope if it does! I hope your girl will be able to overcome her health issues.

Thank you so much. She's almost eleven and in February was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, we were devastated. She's had some setbacks, but thanks to a wonderful vet, she's doing well at the moment. For the first few weeks, I barely slept or ate,making sure she got her meds. on time, watching over her, worrying.
    We know there is no magic cure, but as long as she is happy, smiling (yep, she smiles) and enjoying her life and her short walks in the woods, we are happy...and we will spend the rest of her life making her happy.
    I hope your baby girl stays healthy,bless the sweet baby. She's lucky to have you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You are not alone! I would actually do time if anyone ever tried to hurt my dog. He is my family. Driving to work in this wet miserable morning I see his dog slob all over the passanger seat window and I just go "awww".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

You guys make me laugh!

I'm the same i adore my cocker, if anyone ever hurt him i would kill them.

Some people think I'm mad and that's fine with me... My guy goes everywhere with me and i spend a lot of time chatting to him :pac:

i do love most dogs but in my mind my guy is the best - total saddo

Nothing better then cocker cuddles and kisses after a sh*tty day

Dogs really get under your skin, my life would be incomplete with my guy, i dread the thought of the day he is no longer with me.

At the weekend he comes up for morning cuddles... so he ALWAYS picks my side of the bed, so i will be contorted, hanging out of the bed.. but i don't mind as longs as he's happy... and he's comfy.

When he does go the rainbow bridge, we will be getting him cremated and we will scatter him in his favourite place - the river at Avondale house... Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

This is probably pertainant (sp?) - we have a chemical co-dependency with our dogs :)

SciShow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Yep. I have the best cat in the world. He's going to live into his 30's.

On the other hand, I have a horse, who is 20 and I think about her mortality all the time :rolleyes: Like my life will never be the same or as good, after she's gone. Its kinda terrible! There has definitely been tears, especially if I'm looking at old photos. I love my cat just as much, but it won't be as totally life-altering when he's gone.

Is it bad that my current dog, is only the second best dog in the world, since the first was the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Same as previous poster, I used to cry randomly if I thought about Shadow dying for too long. When we got told by the vet he had cancer, I literally dropped to the floor in hysterics. I will be totally honest, I reacted far worse than I did when I saw my dad on life support and got told there was no hope. That sounds totally insane but there is just something about the compressed memories that comes with a dog that makes you bond with them so strongly. I still weep when I think of him now! :o

I love Opie to bits, only recently burst into tears when he got a hold of a stick outside from the neighbour cutting trees and managed to get it lodged in his throat. He was struggling and every time I tried to pry his mouth open, he'd snap. I thought for sure he'd die, but I got butter on a fork and managed to dislodge it while he thought I was feeding him tasties :pac:
    Hugged the poor thing half to death while screaming obscenities at him through tears. And I have a human baby - can honestly say the bond feels the same to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sometimes I worry my Bella was meant to be a fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

^^^^ what a cutie :)

My friend came by today with her newest rescue - gorgous cairn/yorkie cross - apricot coloured! He FARTS constantly. Im talking gut-wrenching stenches. But he is so cute they dont care, and I had no problem with the stink after a few minutes either - now thats true doggie cuteness!!

aonb wrote: »
    ^^^^ what a cutie :)

She likes to stick her head into everything. That was after putting it into a bucket full of dirty water outside a neighbours house when I wasn't looking :)

Here's a better picture of her and her big brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Its perfectly normal I get such guilt attacks on my way to work that I consider ringing in sick just so he isnt alone for the day 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I do this about my cat too. I go home at random times during the day just to make sure that she's okay. I imagine all sorts of terrible things that might happen and start to panic. I love her so much! You're not crazy... or maybe we all are :D

• Advertisement

Yes, we are all crazy.

Our two elderly dogs were put to sleep last year, I dont want to go on holidays now cos our youngest dog has never been alone, or been to kennels :o Hes a bit anxious and a bit intellectually-challenged, I cant imagine how he'd cope - on his own - and in kennels

Damn, just realized that the cat (rescue kitten) is going to be another issue!!!!!!!!!!! We'll never get to go on holiday again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry my Bella was meant to be a fish

Is Bella a schnauzer? My little schnauzer daughter won't go near water, even with the rain this morning when she was going out for her pee she stopped and looked at me as if to say, seriously? I had to nudge her out!!

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Is Bella a schnauzer? My little schnauzer daughter won't go near water, even with the rain this morning when she was going out for her pee she stopped and looked at me as if to say, seriously? I had to nudge her out!!

Yup a miniature. There's no bother on her at all. She was out today in the hail pottering around the garden. The last day we brought her down the river she tried to jump in after a swan but was on the short lead so couldnt get in :)

She is an inside dog but loves been outside. In the evening time she sits up on my girlfriends lap like a little baby. She's very vocal as well. If my dad calls up she will climb up the gate and actually scream like a toddler until he comes in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭acequion

I totally adore my little cat and would just die if anything were to happen to her.

So there are a lot of us crazies knocking about but who cares! :)

Advertisement