Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Connected degree course - IT

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hydration

Hi, I have done two years of this degree course so far. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Hydration wrote:
    Hi, I have done two years of this degree course so far. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

What's the work load like?

Krusader wrote: »
    What's the work load like?

It depends on how many modules you do. The maximum you can do is four modules per year at diploma level which DCU say is the equivalent to full time study if you were actually going to the university. Most students do two modules per year but I am doing four. Because I am doing four it basically takes up most of my free time so the workload is heavy. Their is 3 assignments per module each year and then exams in May. If you do less modules per year obviously it will take longer to get the degree. Their is an exit diploma after you have completed 8 modules if you do not wish to complete the degree. If you wish to do the degree you will have to spend a minimum of 4 years but it takes most students on average about 6 years. I have two years done so far and all going well hope to get my degree in two years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

If you exit the degree after 8 modules is it possible to go back after a year or 2 and finish the degree

• Advertisement

Krusader wrote: »
    If you exit the degree after 8 modules is it possible to go back after a year or 2 and finish the degree

Yes but you have to surrender the diploma.

Advertisement