Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Rate Expenses - Please Help!

Options
  • 04-05-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I work as a teacher and last week I requested to claim back my flat rate expenses through PAYE anytime.

I claimed them for the past four years. Does anyone know how long this takes? Do they tell you how much is being refunded to you?

I got my P21 balancing statements the next day saying I overpaid €408 and €1.08 another year and I am going to refunded this money. Is this money different to the flat rate expenses or the same?

I have never done this before so I have no idea how it works.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,372 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Read and check that everything is included and correct on the P21.

All tax credits, med exps [if any], flat-rate expenses, etc.

If so, then that's it, all is okay, and the refund is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

The p21 (and subsequent refund) issued on foot of you requesting the flat rate expenses. If you look at the back of the statement you should be able to see that everything is or isn't included, like the above poster mentioned.

Advertisement