Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRV in split level house??

Options
  • 04-05-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,

First time poster to go easy on me!
    Anyway, we are (hopefully) starting our build in August. 190sqm, split level house (we had to go split level due to 3m fall across site contours and overlooking issues with neighbours.
    I am planning on achieving u values of .15 for the envelope (215mm block on flat, 200mm external insulation, groundfloor slab with 150mm high density insulation, yet to decide on roof build up....) and aiming for airtightness around 1ach.
    The house is split level, so a single storey block(A)(open plan kitchen/living/dining), a 2 storey block, connected by a small link building. The GF of the 2 storey (C) block is 1400mm below the single storey and the upstairs (B) is 1400mm above, so there are essentially 3 levels.

_______B________
    _______A______
    ________C_________
    I think I am going to have a problem running ducting from a single HRV unit to serve the 3 levels as the connecting building has a flat roof and this roof is just below the floor level of
    area (B).
    Do I need two seperate HRV units (lots of 90 degree bends and tricky duct runs with 1 unit) or should I go with a ductless system for the open plan section and a small ducted system for the 2 storey block?

Any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards

John

Advertisement