Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sponsor-type person

• 04-05-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

Just looking for a bit of help from people who've possibly been in my shoes before.

Im a married mother in my late 20's. I've always known since the very start of my drinking days that I had a different relationship with alcohol than most of my friends. Through extreme self discipline I've managed to not become physically addicted to drink. I don't drink daily and have put a lot of limitations in place but it takes a lot of work and sometimes I slip up and binge to the point where I get blackouts and do ridiculous stuff (the usual falling, fighting etc).

It was one thing to continue this when it was just me but now I have a family to think of. My own childhood was affected by members of my family who were functioning but none the less sick alcoholics.

I've joind Hello Sunday Morning, I'm following boards and other similar sites. I don't want to join AA because I'm not sure I really agree with their beliefs and also because I am self employed in a small town and wouldn't want everyone to know I have a problem but I do think I need more support. I would really love to be able to hook up with other people who have quite, particularly young women like me, and get advice.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ta x

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You sound very similar to me OP.

Have you considered Lifering? www.dublinlifering.com

No religious element by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aquariusladyb

Hey Xzanti,
    Had a read of lifering last night and it looks good but I'm not near any of the meetings. With a small baby it would be hard to get the time to travel to one but if I'm struggling with this over the coming weeks and months I may just have to.

Advertisement