Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound 2015 Schedule

Options
  • 04-05-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone received an updated calendar from Greyhound for this month onwards? The current one I have ran out last week, and their website hasn't been updated with a new one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I haven't noticed a new calendar arrive. What's worse is that any of the local retailers near me who sell the Greyhound bags are out of stock. The rubbish is starting to pile up in my yard. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They never have any bags in any of the places around my area (D7), so I've taken to buying giant 80L big bags off of Amazon, and using those with the waste labels instead. End up recycling a lot less than I could do because of their poor distribution. Shame there's a monopoly on their services, because I'd be looking elsewhere otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Aye, I'm in D7 as well. I thought they had stopped selling those labels and that you could only get the greyhound-branded bags now?

I don't know, their website appears to suggest that they phased out recycling labels only, but who knows - the website is so out-of-date and self-contradictory.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

I'm in the same boat here, rubbish piling up around the house for 3 weeks now.

Is there any point complaining to DCC or Greyhound?

• Advertisement

magher wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat here, rubbish piling up around the house for 3 weeks now.

Is there any point complaining to DCC or Greyhound?

Probably not - I've just been assuming the same schedule as before, and it's worked. Next Bank holiday it'll be annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

I was able to download the latest schedule from the website, for my street collection is simply every Tues until March 2016, Bank holidays/Paddys day have no effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mines the same....every Tuesday. Sometimes they collect the red bag / sometimes not. I keep the greyhound bag for re-use and tip the (bagged) rubbish if they deem my rubbish not up to their standards.
    The council still collect any bagged rubbish anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't forget it is possible to bring recycling for free to the Dublin City Council Recycling centres in North Strand and Ringsend.

I wouldn't be paying Greyhound a cent more than I have to.

spurious wrote: »
    Don't forget it is possible to bring recycling for free to the Dublin City Council Recycling centres in North Strand and Ringsend.

I wouldn't be paying Greyhound a cent more than I have to.

You have to pre-sort it all though, right? I'm lazy sometimes (most of the time).

And yeah, looks like they've finally updated the calendars on their website: http://greyhound.ie/calendar-search.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement