Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally of the Lakes?

• 05-05-2015 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

What do you think of it? Does it draw out a lot of riff raff from all corners of the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I was down there friday and saturday

Some about of boy racers and just overall knobends

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

Specialun wrote: »
    I was down there friday and saturday

Some about of boy racers and just overall knobends

Yeh I very much get the impression it is a very working class kind of event which tends to draw in a lot of wasters and boy racers as you said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Very working class? Who are you? Hycient bucket?

Very working class? Who are you? Hycient bucket?

Have I just pissed in the Corn Flakes of an avid boy racer by any chance?

And if your trying to be smart, at least look some way literate by spelling hyacinth properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Miall108 wrote: »
    Yeh I very much get the impression it is a very working class kind of event which tends to draw in a lot of wasters and boy racers as you said

Plenty of boy racers aspire to to be (and a lot think they're as good as) rally drivers so it shouldn't come as a great surprise that they go to rallies. Anyway it's a spectator sport.

Would you prefer if it was a load of golfers in their Pringle sweaters and bank managers in their suits attending? Sure you wouldn't be able to move without tripping over A4's and A6's.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Plenty of boy racers aspire to to be (and a lot think they're as good as) rally drivers so it shouldn't come as a great surprise that they go to rallies. Anyway it's a spectator sport.

Would you prefer if it was a load of golfers in their Pringle sweaters and bank managers in their suits attending? Sure you wouldn't be able to move without tripping over A4's and A6's.

Makes no difference to me. I just want to hear what peoples opinions are of the actual event and of those who attend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Is this something that happens further away from me than Leeds than Edinburgh?

Makes no difference to me. I just want to hear what peoples opinions are of the actual event and of those who attend

They're a sound bunch of lads.:)

Is this something that happens further away from me than Leeds than Edinburgh?

Perhaps theres a good reason why its in the back arse of nowhere in Killarney

And if your trying to be smart, at least look some way literate by spelling hyacinth properly

LOL!

You seem to have forgotten a full stop there, old chap!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Most boy racers know very little about the actual rally

:D

pablo128 wrote: »
    LOL!

You seem to have forgotten a full stop there, old chap!:pac:

Excuse my incompetence Sir Punctuation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was out both nights in Killarney, no trouble in the town. Was talking to a few them, most of them were grand out.

Specialun wrote: »
    Most boy racers know very little about the actual rally

Id agree with you there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Remember years ago traveling home to Kerry one weekend, not realising the rally was on. Had been wondering why there was so many spoiler ****boxs around (while I myself was driving an old yet elegent 93 vectra!). Some if them pulling stupid manoeuvres.

Got a good laugh seeing 7 pulled in row on the side of the road after limerick.

Most were fine though. Had a skyline behind for ages. Guess he wasn't in a rush as he could have passed whenever he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Apparently there was a much greater Garda presence this year and less messing as a result.

Whatever about *some* of the idiots driving them, the Lakes weekend brings some of Ireland's finest road cars out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What date is the rally on this year? I want to book an apartment down there again.

Haha, it's generally the may bank holiday

The reason i was asking is because the 1st of may is on a sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Well it's a motor rally,not a chess tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Apparently there was a much greater Garda presence this year and less messing as a result.

Whatever about *some* of the idiots driving them, the Lakes weekend brings some of Ireland's finest road cars out :)

By finest you mean ruined?

And if you're trying to be smart, at least look some way literate by spelling hyacinth properly

Fixed that for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Working class = wasters?
    Jesus wept.

Most rally drivers would be from wealthy backgrounds by the way. Not many working class people can afford to go rallying.

kneemos wrote: »
    By finest you mean ruined?

All tis is civics with big exhausts. Some lads have a few clean twin cams. Then they meet up and do nothing only talk sh#te about their car instead of doing anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

davidk1394 wrote: »
    All tis is civics with big exhausts. Some lads have a few clean twin cams. Then they meet up and do nothing only talk sh#te about their car instead of doing anything

It the altezzas now and felt spec boras that go choo.

somefeen wrote: »
    Working class = wasters?
    Jesus wept.

Most rally drivers would be from wealthy backgrounds by the way. Not many working class people can afford to go rallying.

Know plenty of them from farming backgrounds, working in factories, on bulding sites and the like.

But the better ones, the ones who take it seriously, are often people involved in the motor trade, because as you say it's a bloody expensive sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Know plenty of them from farming backgrounds, working in factories, on bulding sites and the like.

What are building sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

davidk1394 wrote: »
    What date is the rally on this year? I want to book an apartment down there again.

Take a look at Rally.ie for dates of upcoming events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm from Killarney, not a fan! Actually the rally itself I don't mind. My brother is friends with a lot of rally drivers and I would know them too. Good craic getting up at the crack of dawn watching them.

It's the feckin boy racers that I can't stand! The sound of their cars scares my dog and does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You get all sorts at rallies. I love the spectacle but hate the shenanigans.

Goodwood ftw :pac:

It's my ambition to get to the Isle of Man TT at some stage.

Advertisement