Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenhams Player of the YEAR.

Options
  • 05-05-2015 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I know Kane has had an exceptional season...
    But for me, Bentaleb has really grown on me this season.
    He looks so assured on the ball, never panics and rarely gives it away..and has a nasty side to him also.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kane is the obvious winner, but other than him, I can't actually think of anyone who has played well all season. Bentaleb has improved a lot, but has still given the ball away in bad positions on multiple occasions, leading to goals against us. He has potential, but he's not there yet. Mason is quite similar. Eriksen was great for a while, but has been poor for the last few months.

Rose was awful at the start of the season, and now he's playing really well. Hopefully that form can continue as we suck in defense.

Everyone else showed some good games, and some bloody awful games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bentaleb, especially the last few games, huge improvement. He's only 20!

Rose has been the same, Milner didn't get a sniff the other night.

Dier 1st season and only 21, played RB the last two games. Looks a solid prospect, compared to Walker who's quick but can't read the game.

The young lads look more inclined to listen to the manager, probably why the more experienced players don't get a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

1. Kane 2. Lloris 3. Rose 4. Bentaleb 5. Not sure we have anyone else who's had a decent season. Vertonghen I suppose. Eriksen and Chadli just too inconsistent. Mason has tailed off of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Kane, LLoris and Chadli for me.

Bentaleb is a huge prospect. Makes some mistakes but is beginning to look like he could be the next Roy Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

slegs wrote: »
    Bentaleb is a huge prospect. Makes some mistakes but is beginning to look like he could be the next Roy Keane.

Ha, the Roy Keane shout is a big shout. Though I can see where you're coming from.

Bentaleb is screaming out for someone with experience slotting in next to him next season.

• Advertisement

I predict Bentaleb will be the main source of interest from the bigger clubs this summer. There is no one in the league in his position and at that young age with more ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

slegs wrote: »
    I predict Bentaleb will be the main source of interest from the bigger clubs this summer. There is no one in the league in his position and at that young age with more ability.

I predict Lloris and Vertonghen will be the main sources of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Ormus wrote: »
    1. Kane 2. Lloris 3. Rose 4. Bentaleb 5. Not sure we have anyone else who's had a decent season. Vertonghen I suppose. Eriksen and Chadli just too inconsistent. Mason has tailed off of late.

Swap Bentelab ahead of Rose and that sums it up for me. Chadli is inconsistent but is always liable to pop up with an assist or a goal. We can't say that about many of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bentaleb has done well but let's not get carried away ...

Saw a headline earlier that indicated he wants a huge pay increase in line with Eriksen and Kane I think. Prob a bull**** article but I think it's a bit soon to be throwing his weight around.

Then again, if he's only on a fraction of Eriksen wage then I don't blame him as hes been better then him for most of the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kane, end of debate, all the others have question marks over them.

• Advertisement

Bentaleb has done well but let's not get carried away ...

Saw a headline earlier that indicated he wants a huge pay increase in line with Eriksen and Kane I think. Prob a bull**** article but I think it's a bit soon to be throwing his weight around.

Then again, if he's only on a fraction of Eriksen wage then I don't blame him as hes been better then him for most of the campaign.

Its not getting carried away to say he is a prospect. Could not develop into a great player but looks very promising right now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

slegs wrote:
    Its not getting carried away to say he is a prospect. Could not develop into a great player but looks very promising right now

Don't see him been much more beyond a squad player myself. Don't mind been proven wrong though!

Advertisement