Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computational Biology (MSc)

• 05-05-2015 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi looking at maybe applying for
    Computational Biology MSc in CIT. i was looking at mircobiology but that is meanly research i would like to have a taugh MSc. I am looking at this module as i see it got best Science Course award for this year.

i am in two minds either that above course or Food Microbiology i was thinking of moving back up to dublin and do Infeciton Biology in UCD.

and one have any thoughts on the Computational Biology how hard is the computing in it do you need a background in Computing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I know a number of people who have completed the course and all have spoken highly of it. AFAIK the computing elements are more than manageable, most of the people on the course have a biology background and the assumption is that you begin with no computing experience.
    I would say it’s a safe bet – it did win best science postgraduate course in the country the other week!

Advertisement