Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did this one slow down when it was unstickied ?

Good question. I think it was unstickied around the end of August, but can't find when it was re-stickied to check posting levels.
    It seems to be weather dependent with more posts in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Spent the evening christmas shopping. There has to be an easier way to kill yourself. Talk about torture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Reggie. wrote: »
    Spent the evening christmas shopping. There has to be an easier way to kill yourself. Talk about torture

Where did she drag you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Spent the evening writing christmas cards, hate doing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Don't know - ask your solicitor I'd say.

And then tell the auctioneer your solicitor will be sending on any bill to the auctioneer, due to him wasting you and your solicitors time...

Id say the auctioneer was sweetned up someway with a bit of JC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

whelan2 wrote: »

Any of us boards crew on list:rolleyes:

Don't do the whole cards stuff. But would get something for those than have helped me out in different ways during the year (or for their children instead). We, as a family, never went mad buying presents for each other. There are only so many socks/pieces of coal anyone needs.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

As part of my environmental policy I don't send them....... poor trees and all that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Id say the auctioneer was sweetned up someway with a bit of JC as well.

You wont find out about the Auctioneer, but the sale price will be published on the Property Service's website soon enough. Then you can see what the "reported" sale price was. ( what was declared for Stamp Dutch reasons) and whether it was less than or the same as your agreed price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Kovu wrote: »
    Chit Chat 1- 759 days
    Chit Chat 2- 207 days
    Chit Chat 3- 133 days (what happened there!)

You and Reggie thats what happened!

Ha! You make it sound so devious. It could well have been me though, was around the time I became more active here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

that was around the time that the two of you would fill 5 pages by yourselves

that was around the time that the two of you would fill 5 pages by yourselves

Darling I could fill five pages talking to my left foot. :pac:
    How long will you be awake, shall we try for six?

How dare you sir :P

Fecking dead suckler cow this morning, she's one that all the grandkids own between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Fecking dead suckler cow this morning, she's one that all the grandkids own between them

That's a balls.

_Brian wrote: »
    That's a balls.
    That it is. Heading over now for recovery of the body

That it is. Heading over now for recovery of the body

Hardly anyway of hiding the body and fobbing off another cow as her?

Sure Reggie could probably sort the tag out too.

I have a cunning plan...

dogs-hair-dye-characters-3.jpg

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Sure Reggie could probably sort the tag out too.

I meant for the grandkids ya swine :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Finally all sorted today i hope. All ill say is its going to be a quiet xmas. im a few more quid lighter and Ireland is one corrupt country.

I meant for the grandkids ya swine :P

Will get some black shoe polish.

Will get some black shoe polish.

That's the spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sure why would ya do that? Get them all to put their wellies and bring them out to see her. Let them give her a few tester kicks. Then all come to the conclusion that yeah she's dead.

Then back into the house and let them bring down their piggy banks and sort out the money for the knackery lorry.

Great life lesson.

If they still love farming after that they're in with a shout for transferring farm to down the road!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Finally all sorted today i hope. All ill say is its going to be a quiet xmas. im a few more quid lighter and Ireland is one corrupt country.

l hope you didn't fall for that auctioneers trick and put on another bid!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Muckit wrote: »
    l hope you didn't fall for that auctioneers trick and put on another bid!!!
    The boys out your way would string up the auctioneer if he tried that craic :D

Sure why would ya do that? Get them all to put their wellies and bring them out to see her. Let them give her a few tester kicks. Then all come to the conclusion that yeah she's dead.

Then back into the house and let them bring down their piggy banks and sort out the money for the knackery lorry.

Great life lesson.

If they still love farming after that they're in with a shout for transferring farm to down the road!!
    She had been collected before they got back from school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tbh, I don't know what to do with this so I'm leaving it here.

And it's for a good cause too so if you have a few bob after finishing laughing...

She had been collected before they got back from school

Are you going to tell them or replace her? Do you think it was tetany?

Are you going to tell them or replace her? Do you think it was tetany?

Don't know yet. Didn't say anything to them. Knackery man reckoned tetany as there was froth coming from her nose. They had mineral buckets with them.

• Advertisement

Don't know yet. Didn't say anything to them. Knackery man reckoned tetany as there was froth coming from her nose. They had mineral buckets with them.

I hear it's rife at the moment. Was it you that lost one to something a while back too?
    Poor kids :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Great life lesson.

But what percentage of the SFP was the dead animal worth. If Whelan had a 100 LU then the kids will have to get 1% of the SFP.

Just to keep things above board...

I hear it's rife at the moment. Was it you that lost one to something a while back too?
    Poor kids :(
    ye lost another one about a month ago. Its strange as its not cold and they had buckets with them

But what percentage of the SFP was the dead animal worth. If Whelan had a 100 LU then the kids will have to get 1% of the SFP.

Just to keep things above board...
    Her calf is there an angus bull calf- has to be split 7 ways now, was grand last year when she had twins and they were split between 5

Or give him a prolonged bath in the suck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Grandkids??? Jebus girl you kept that quite.:eek:

Back to reality, sorry to hear that, quite the conundrum to solve.

Odelay wrote: »
    Grandkids??? Jebus girl you kept that quite.:eek:

Back to reality, sorry to hear that, quite the conundrum to solve.
    ah the sucklers are my dads. he gave a cow to the grandkids, so my kids included

ye lost another one about a month ago. Its strange as its not cold and they had buckets with them

Gosh, I wonder would it be more beneficial to feed them a powder mixed with nuts per day. Not that I'm doubting you but I'd be worried about it happening again.

Just back from calling bingo, my mic was broken so I was had to shout all the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

auctioneers from out your direction. He hasnt met me in person yet ðŸ‘

auctioneers from out your direction. He hasnt met me in person yet ðŸ‘

Have you to call in with a box of roses to him yet :D

• Advertisement

Have you to call in with a box of roses to him yet :D

Id say he has another box in mind for him

Anyone get the Lim Society calendar and stuff today? Lovely calendar I must say.
    Am sorta interested by the Congress thingy but the cost of it is unreal!! Over 1k for three days? :eek:

Lad rang me this evening in a panic looking for cow lifter. Went out to check it was there and last guy didn't bother his hole to leave it back after he got it. Will be the last time he gets it

Lad rang me this evening in a panic looking for cow lifter. Went out to check it was there and last guy didn't bother his hole to leave it back after he got it. Will be the last time he gets it

That pee's me off big time. It worse when I need the lent item myself and then am told it has been lent to a third party. :mad::mad:

That pee's me off big time. It worse when I need the lent item myself and then am told it has been lent to a third party. :mad::mad:

That happened me today , mixer given to a mate of mine and when I went for it today he had it lent to someone else I don't even know .

That happened me today , mixer given to a mate of mine and when I went for it today he had it lent to someone else I don't even know .

Guy borrowed our builders trailer few years ago as he wanted to cut some timber. Anyway after three weeks it haddent reappeared simi needed it and went looking. There it was still loaded to the top with rings outside his garage.

Mad as hell. I pushed it across the yard away from his garage door near the back door of the house and handed out All the rings into the middle if the yard so they would have to be carried across the yard into the shed. I know I threw them where his missus parks her car too just to make a point.

He's never asked to borrow it again. Result !

Also stuff coming back broken.
    Lent tractor compressor/wheel pump to neighbour. Not back after a month so I go to get it back on the pretence that had flat wheel on tractor and me needing tractor to spread slurry or some story like that. Couple of months later when I genuinely needed to pump wheel it not work. Couldn't go back and say well I didn't really want it when I got it back.

Moral is 'neither a borrower or a lender be' (Shakespeare ) and also 'don't tell lies ya little @#/ (My mother)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Four cattle stole at 5 am. Drumshambo glassdrummond area

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Four cattle stole at 5 am. Drumshambo glassdrummond area
    From a shed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

From a shed?

Don't know. Missed the beginning. Was just the 9:00 headlines

This discussion has been closed.