Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Fcuking drink I'm as sick as a small hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Jb1989

whelan2 wrote: »
    From a shed?

From a farmyard it says
    http://fb.me/7KcoJlQoN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

I said wrote: »

That I'll teach ya to be sniffing after young ones at your age and a belly full of beer.
    Does any one have the calendar from last weeks journal that they could send me or where I could get it tried all the shops around here none have it.
    Young lad every morning has to be lifted up to see the moo cows in the pics on the calendar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I said wrote: »

I hear ya... :(

Christmas party last night... And acourse there's always some fcuker with a camera... Disaster... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bought 10 lines for school christmas draw and we won 7 prizes:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Do the Euromillions tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Whose kids were pulling the tickets? :D

:D we won nothing in the raffle last year. ALL angles are covered, wine, chocolate, biscuits, hairdresser voucher, garden centre voucher, laptop bag and smellies. None of us were at the raffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This gave me a good laugh, a sheep that thinks she is a dog:D

https://i.imgur.com/VncSmtH.gifv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

This gave me a good laugh, a sheep that thinks she is a dog:D

https://i.imgur.com/VncSmtH.gifv

Girlfriend had a pet lamb a few years ago that used to do the exact same thing. Always running around the lawn after the dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Girlfriend had a pet lamb a few years ago that used to do the exact same thing. Always running around the lawn after the dogs.

LC, did you see that your favourite Mart manager is moving to Clare Marts!!!

At what age can you put one of your kids trough the books and how much can you put through for them, like is there a minimum or a maximum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

At what age can you put one of your kids trough the books and how much can you put through for them, like is there a minimum or a maximum?

i'd say theres no max :P
    not sure if there is a min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    LC, did you see that your favourite Mart manager is moving to Clare Marts!!!

Ya, A great find apparently :rolleyes: Don't think he'll be auctioneering/dropping cattle to his mates around the ring though.

Spent the guts of an hour looking for my cheque book. Always leave it in same place . Rang oh. He put it away when he came home from pub last night in a safe place!

Spent the guts of an hour looking for my cheque book. Always leave it in same place . Rang oh. He put it away when he came home from pub last night in a safe place!

Who brings a cheque book to the pub?

naughto wrote: »

It was in the place I normally leave it when he came home. He put it in the first aid box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It was in the place I normally leave it when he came home. He put it in the first aid box

Well it was a safe place if ya couldn't find it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

For the soccer followers amongst us, Jimmy Hill death from alzheimers has just been announced. RIP.

• Advertisement

Just in from a run and the sweat is hopping off me. The heat out there is not right

Just read there an 8 year old died in a farm accident in Galway . Rest in peace. So sad so close to Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just read there an 8 year old died in a farm accident in Galway . Rest in peace. So sad so close to Christmas

Unimaginable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Congrats. Usually when a sentence starts with 'Bought 10 lines..', it normally doesn't end well.

Congrats. Usually when a sentence starts with 'Bought 10 lines..', it normally doesn't end well.

Ya have to be caught first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just home from Christmas "work" party with OH and two local guys who do a bit of p/t work.
    I'm staying in bed tomorrow - all day if necessary ;)

Base price wrote: »
    Just home from Christmas "work" party with OH and two local guys who do a bit of p/t work.

Last year there were proposals of a boards Christmas party. What happened this year :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Last year there were proposals of a boards Christmas party. What happened this year :confused:

Will you travel for it Daisy ? Everyone I'm meeting seems to have 2 or 3 Christmas parties this year and Im having nothing myself

No one would commit so we scrapped the idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I know his dad, I'm stuck for words

Bullocks wrote: »
    Will you travel for it Daisy ? Everyone I'm meeting seems to have 2 or 3 Christmas parties this year and Im having nothing myself

Ah that's sad. At least I have one planned for me and the dog. It a surprise so don't tell her
    Reggie. wrote: »

Think we all afraid to be 'found out'. I'm not like what yous might think

We could have an online party, I have a gazillion cracker joke I havent told yis yet:D

We could have an online party, I have a gazillion cracker joke I havent told yis yet:D

PASS :p

Ah that's sad. At least I have one planned for me and the dog. It a surprise so don't tell her

Think we all afraid to be 'found out'. I'm not like what yous might think

Don't know why people do be so afraid to meet up.

Christmas time is always a bit hectic with everyone having parties. I could float the idea again in Jan if there is actually interest for it. Or would all the dairy people be calving.

Aaaand a man with a ladder just walked by the kitchen window. WTF.

Edit- It's my builder uncle with a hat on, putting a cap on the chimney to stop rain getting in.

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »
    Christmas time is always a bit hectic with everyone having parties. I could float the idea again in Jan if there is actually interest for it. Or would all the dairy people be calving.

Aaaand a man with a ladder just walked by the kitchen window. WTF.

Edit- It's my builder uncle with a hat on, putting a cap on the chimney to stop rain getting in.
    You'll always find Kovu that farmers will find some reason not to attend. Time has to be made for these things

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Do you realistically have to left a farm/have a farm in the family in order to become a farmer these days?

I would imagine the start up cost for a normal Joe would be very high. I am just curious.

In queue for Santa for the last hour

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Do you realistically have to left a farm/have a farm in the family in order to become a farmer these days?

I would imagine the start up cost for a normal Joe would be very high. I am just curious.

Nope. I started from scratch 4 years ago. As in built a shed each year to where I am now. I'm a very small farm tho

Ya going to sit on his knee whelan? :P

• Advertisement

He's probably scuttered as well

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Marry a laying hen lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Was in the local centra a couple of weeks ago and they had him there on a Friday evening so got it done for free and the boys were happy enough with it, twas damn handy !

Was 5 Euro per child. Photo and present and was a good Santa too. Didn't sit on his knee I might have squashed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

Nope. I started from scratch 4 years ago. As in built a shed each year to where I am now. I'm a very small farm tho

Under 5 ft ??

ford 5600 wrote: »
    Under 5 ft ??

Just over 5 acres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A farmer elf :)

Muckit wrote: »
    A farmer elf :)

Nah somewhere between and elf and santa himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

l heard he has a yoke around 14' long with a drawbar for you..... if you've been good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Base price wrote: »

Base price surface yet??:rolleyes:

She had quite a night and day planned. Didn't think that she would be into that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement