Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Kovu wrote:
    I beg to differ

Haha well a close second worst ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

KatW4 wrote: »
    Oh man :( we must have the worst team in the country!

Once we were kings...... But by Jaysus have we slipped in both codes.

So true. You're from Offaly too? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

When you ignore the underage, there's no future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Mad how teams such as rhode are so strong in the club championships but then county team is so weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ragworth pulling season is here again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

the numbers just aren't in offaly. work with a fella from ferbane, he says there's nothing in the county to boost employment / population. he was happy when cowen was going strong because at least there was abit of a spotlight on the county.

visatorro wrote: »
    the numbers just aren't in offaly. work with a fella from ferbane, he says there's nothing in the county to boost employment / population. he was happy when cowen was going strong because at least there was abit of a spotlight on the county.

Went to college with a lad from there. His father makes them fibreglass hurleys

So true. You're from Offaly too? :)

I am indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dodo mommy

whelan2 wrote:

Happy days it's my favourite time of year😀

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Happy days it's my favourite time of year😀
    not as any here this year thank god

Mad how teams such as rhode are so strong in the club championships but then county team is so weak.

Rhode never won a Leinster just the same, they were good enough to do it but have slipped too.
    It's not unusual for an average football county to produce a good club team. There have been lots of examples. Eire Og of Carlow being a good one.

visatorro wrote: »

Less than 70k and split between hurling and football. It was never going to be sustainable to compete at the top year in year out. But yet we did for a while. I think most Offaly supporters want Offaly to compete at a respectable level and not be reduced to making ordinary teams look good.

When you ignore the underage, there's no future.

We're light years behind what some other teams are doing with their underage players, but I do hear the odd positive thing. Underage hurling seems to be chronic neglected. Football slightly better organised.

Does anyone know where to find which animals that have left and where they have gone to on this online register (ag food)? It's my first time on it and can't work it out at all!

Does anyone know where to find which animals that have left and where they have gone to on this online register (ag food)? It's my first time on it and can't work it out at all!
    go in to herd profile, view movement details by date, this will give you an option of looking at movements in or out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Think if you select the herd tab at the top, then next line view movement details by date, then select dates (must be less than 365 days apart), & out

whelan2 wrote:
    go in to herd profile, view movement details by date, this will give you an option of looking at movements in or out

Farrell wrote:
    Think if you select the herd tab at the top, then next line view movement details by date, then select dates (must be less than 365 days apart), & out

Thank you so much :)

• Advertisement

Thank you so much :)
    it will only show the herd number of where the animal went, if you go in to make a movement permit and enter the herd number it will give you the name and address of the herd owner, maybe someone else knows an better way of finding out

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

whelan2 wrote: »

Doing paper work here....it's up there with pulling ragwort

whelan2 wrote:
    it will only show the herd number of where the animal went, if you go in to make a movement permit and enter the herd number it will give you the name and address of the herd owner, maybe someone else knows an better way of finding out

You're an absolute star, you've no idea how much that has helped us! Thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Spent two hours this morning trying to attach a curtain rail to a wall.
    I bloody well HATE plaster slab and 50mm cosy-board.
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Spent two hours this morning trying to attach a curtain rail to a wall.
    I bloody well HATE plaster slab and 50mm cosy-board.
    Grrrrrrrrrr

Have you not got them plasterboard fixings?? We used to call them worms when i was an apprentice. you screw them into the plaster and then a woodscrew into them

Big heavy curtains. Pulled those alloy worm things out of the board. Got long grey plug things. Due to Dept of boards and insulation, not long enough. Or at least the expansion ding piece was long enough, but the screw wasn't. Got longer ones but then needed longer bit. Still not happy with how it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Big heavy curtains. Pulled those alloy worm things out of the board. Got long grey plug things. Due to Dept of boards and insulation, not long enough. Or at least the expansion ding piece was long enough, but the screw wasn't. Got longer ones but then needed longer bit. Still not happy with how it looks.

And u left the bits lying on the new curtain,,
    Mrs be well impressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Pulled those alloy worm things out of the board. Got long grey plug things.

You sound like me describing bits of the tractor :D

Tech 7 them to **** lol

The 50mm insulated slab is some job for heat tho. Will do it in my house when building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

The 50mm insulated slab is some job for heat tho. Will do it in my house when building

On its own not enough. You'd want a fair bit if cavity insulation to back it up.

• Advertisement

The one thing I wish I had done, was to use a 6 inch block for the inner leaf of the walls, and use hollow concrete slabs for the 1st floor and a poured screed instead of timber floorboards.

On its own not enough. You'd want a fair bit if cavity insulation to back it up.

I have the cavity pumped with Aeroboard beads as well.
    In a dormer style house though, a lot of this is pointless without great building practice around the top of the cavity walls, where the wall plate is strapped on and the couples are nailed.
    You could have a draft that would (as they say round here) "clean oats"

The one thing I wish I had done, was to use a 6 inch block for the inner leaf of the walls, and use hollow concrete slabs for the 1st floor and a poured screed instead of timber floorboards.

Ya can't beat hollow core. No matter how much you try and sound proof joists its not the same. Or else yourself and mrs nek should have planned for the master bedroom on ground floor....;-)

I have the cavity pumped with Aeroboard beads as well.
    In a dormer style house though, a lot of this is pointless without great building practice around the top of the cavity walls, where the wall plate is strapped on and the couples are nailed.
    You could have a draft that would (as they say round here) "clean oats"

Have 250mm cavity with beads also. No need to dryline only thing is the wallties were mad dear. For the draft get a quote for spray foam the entire slope and around the wallplate and cavity closer. Will stop all drafts and kill the cold bridge of the cavity closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

For the external insulation we use bigger plastic version of the steel lads you have there because we have only insulation to screw to .
    They are about 65mm long and the face is about 30mm so whatever you're screwing on has a solid base behind it and it doesn't sink into the wall . Very strong job considering they are just into insulation board

€11.99 for a bit of horn that could be got half skulling a bullock :eek::eek:

yNHudmcl.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Can ya not get thin steel rawl bolts that fit a similar size hole to the grey plastic ones you have their but the expand out behind the plaster board to leave a good 2inch diameter of strips behind the wall in a sorta star pattern?

Have 250mm cavity with beads also. No need to dryline only thing is the wallties were mad dear. For the draft get a quote for spray foam the entire slope and around the wallplate and cavity closer. Will stop all drafts and kill the cold bridge of the cavity closer

I dont agree with pumping the walls , Causes thermal bridging in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

Kovu wrote: »
    €11.99 for a bit of horn that could be got half skulling a bullock :eek::eek:

yNHudmcl.jpg?1

Where do you be shopping :confused: :pac:

Blackgrass wrote: »
    Where do you be shopping :confused: :pac:

Maxi Zoo!

• Advertisement

Zr105 wrote: »
    Can ya not get thin steel rawl bolts that fit a similar size hole to the grey plastic ones you have their but the expand out behind the plaster board to leave a good 2inch diameter of strips behind the wall in a sorta star pattern?

They work with dry lined walls, but you can't use where the cosi-board is bonded to the blockwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

Maxi Zoo!

Had to google that, still none the wiser but how never.

You gonna chew that yourself, or give it to the dog? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

http://www.maxizoo.ie/

Massive pet shop :D

For my own gnashers Nek!

For my own gnashers Nek!

That's quite, eh, disturbing.........

That's quite, eh, disturbing.........

Omnomnom

chewing.gif~c200