Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

ganmo wrote: »
    I withhold compliments till I taste!
    :P

Excellent idea, all up to Necks for tae and a bit of tart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    .Ye can keep yer chew toy (boy!)
    I just pulled this out of the oven.......

heh heh heh heh heh have you seen American Pie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kovu wrote: »
    heh heh heh heh heh have you seen American Pie :D

In the gutter once again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

The 50mm insulated slab is some job for heat tho. Will do it in my house when building

See recently using a 6" pumped cavity, supposed to be better job

Reggie. wrote: »
    In the gutter once again :rolleyes:

kJd3NgS.png?1

• Advertisement

kJd3NgS.png?1

No wonder you had a damp patch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Farrell wrote: »

Would rather 150mm cavity with 100mm insulation and then 50mm internal board too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

And they're going 9" in some houses with quinn lite blocks up to floor level and as a cavity closer or doing a ring beam as a cavity closer using that compressed green insulation to avoid thermal bridging .
    This country is gone ape ****e on what some are spending on airtightness and u values that would smother you

Would rather 150mm cavity with 100mm insulation and then 50mm internal board too.

More thermal mass in the wider insulated cavity and inner leaf without internal cosy board they say .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    For the external insulation we use bigger plastic version of the steel lads you have there because we have only insulation to screw to .
    They are about 65mm long and the face is about 30mm so whatever you're screwing on has a solid base behind it and it doesn't sink into the wall . Very strong job considering they are just into insulation board

Spiral fixings. Mighty little yokes

• Advertisement

I dont agree with pumping the walls , Causes thermal bridging in my opinion

Thermal bridging is caused by a bridge from outside to inside with the same or similar material. You have two concrete blocks with extremely high thermal conductivity and the bead with an extremely low thermal conductivity therfore no thermal bridge

8" is the new 6"

8" is the new 6"

We will have better insulated houses than the Scandinavians shortly and warmer the winters are getting !

And they're going 9" in some houses with quinn lite blocks up to floor level and as a cavity closer or doing a ring beam as a cavity closer using that compressed green insulation to avoid thermal bridging .
    This country is gone ape ****e on what some are spending on airtightness and u values that would smother you

New regs are a joke. There will be no oil or gas in new houses in a few yrs. All heat pumps.

Spiral fixings. Mighty little yokes

Good man , I'm cat at remembering names for these di di's !

We will have better insulated houses than the Scandinavians shortly and warmer the winters are getting !

Warmer air tight houses without proper ventilation. Not healthy.

New regs are a joke. There will be no oil or gas in new houses in a few yrs. All heat pumps.

I'm all for having no drafts and a well insulated comfortable house but what's being spent on heat retrieval units , heat pumps ,airtightness and all the rest is putting fair expense on a house . Better off with a Stanley superstar and show the wife how to split timber !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Isn't the number of children with asthma increasing being blamed on a lack of fresh air in moden houses which are too well insulated.

We were doing a blowdoor test awhile back and the digger driver reckoned they would be poisoned when the house was finished . "You could drag a calf under the gap in our back door growing up and the 9 of us were never sick like the kids nowadays " !

tanko wrote: »
    Isn't the number of children with asthma increasing being blamed on a lack of fresh air in moden houses which are too well insulated.

You can never be too well insulated but poorly ventilated is the problem. Heat recovery a must if ya have well insulated airtight house. I also like bullocks idea!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

We were doing a blowdoor test awhile back and the digger driver reckoned they would be poisoned when the house was finished . "You could drag a calf under the gap in our back door growing up and the 9 of us were never sick like the kids nowadays " !

Over paranoid parents, pumping their children full of sh*te with the first sign of sniffles. Dragging them to mydoc's, causality etc. Not helping an already stressed health system.

tanko wrote: »

There's a lot of asthma on one side of the family- All of my cousins had to have inhalers growing up, bar my brother & I. Sure we used to have ice forming on the inside of the windows in winter, only solid fuel for heating until we were teenagers. Firmly believe it was due to that, plus getting covered in muck and shíte every evening of the week.

I also agree with AP (:eek:), the problem is the parents there, how many do you see/hear in waiting rooms looking for tablets to get rid of the cold or flu. I'm always confused at those, do they not know that they can't take anything for colds :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I believe (don't ask me for documented proof) that the almost total use of synthetic carpets and mattresses and bedding in childrens rooms contributes as well.
    vapours and fumes from the chemicals used in the manufacture of such materials would be best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Bullock, I saw on another thread that you had a sore leg. Hope it gets better soon.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I also agree with AP (:eek:), the problem is the parents there, how many do you see/hear in waiting rooms looking for tablets to get rid of the cold or flu. I'm always confused at those, do they not know that they can't take anything for colds :confused:
    it will be worse now with the free medcial care for kids under 6, also do these parents not know by bringing their darlings to doctors waiting room they will probably pick up more bugs than they went in with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Have 5 children here rarely ever sick always out.
    one of the twins broke his arm last week playing soccer has had to have the plaster cast replaced 3 times so far. Got given out to severely in the hospital yesterday by a huge fat nurse for not stopping him from being so active. He went to the pitch Sunday after the game and broke the cast hurling. We have being in the hospital every summer for 5 yrs now with fractures and breaks

whelan2 wrote: »
    it will be worse now with the free medcial care for kids under 6, also do these parents not know by bringing their darlings to doctors waiting room they will probably pick up more bugs than they went in with

Ex is an absolute terror for that emergency doctor with the son. At least once a month hes there and half the timr its something stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Do you have to be a farmer to post here.....!

MsGiggles wrote: »
    Do you have to be a farmer to post here.....!

We dont own a farm. I just help out on cousins when i can

• Advertisement

We dont own a farm. I just help out on cousins when i can

I can see a farm from my house....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Sure that's good enough

Ex is an absolute terror for that emergency doctor with the son. At least once a month hes there and half the timr its something stupid
    does she have a medical card? we had to go last week 60 euro for the pleasure

Ya wouldn't want to be going too often

Ya wouldn't want to be going too often
    casualty is 100 euro, i have the school insurance thingy and when i had to bring daughter to casualty- for concussion- earlier in the year i got the 100 euro back, think the school insurance costs 8 euro for the year so well worth it

casualty is 100 euro, i have the school insurance thingy and when i had to bring daughter top casualty- for concussion- earlier in the year i got the 100 euro back, think the school insurance costs 8 euro for the year so well worth it

Army covers myself and child for hospital but not the wife

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

AP2014 wrote: »
    Over paranoid parents, pumping their children full of sh*te with the first sign of sniffles. Dragging them to mydoc's, causality etc. Not helping an already stressed health system.

Had to take youngest to the doctor last week, she's eight and last time she was there was 2009. She thought it was a great novelty getting checked out.

I would imagine she does.. She has no interest in working anyway :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

dzer2 wrote: »
    Have 5 children here rarely ever sick always out.
    one of the twins broke his arm last week playing soccer has had to have the plaster cast replaced 3 times so far. Got given out to severely in the hospital yesterday by a huge fat nurse for not stopping him from being so active. He went to the pitch Sunday after the game and broke the cast hurling. We have being in the hospital every summer for 5 yrs now with fractures and breaks

was well known in casualty when mine were growing up, fractures , stitches casts/plasters xrays

the girls were nearly worse than the lads. :rolleyes:

orm0nd wrote: »
    was well known in casualty when mine were growing up, fractures , stitches casts/plasters xrays

i was swinging daughter by the arms and dislocated her elbow:eek: brought her to casualty and they said she was fine , had to bring her back 2 days later and they just clicked it back in, now when i see people swinging kids by their arms i am screaming stop in my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

that will qualify you as a culchie :D:D

post way , all are welcome here ;)

that will qualify you as a culchie :D:D

post way , all are welcome here ;)

Definitely a culchie !!

Spent more sunday nights in there broke up from hunting or racing

My leg went down through a cattle grid a while back, wedged in there ! Got lots of weird looks in the hospital lol

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Bullock, I saw on another thread that you had a sore leg. Hope it gets better soon.:D:D

What thread is that on , my 2 little legeens are in perfect health !

My leg went down through a cattle grid a while back, wedged in there ! Got lots of weird looks in the hospital lol

How did u get it out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Priorities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

What thread is that on , my 2 little legeens are in perfect health !

See thread "bullock has a sore leg" by lexieonrae:D

How did u get it out??

I actually panicked and just reefed it out , that's how I actually caused all the damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ya can't beat hollow core. Or else yourself and mrs nek should have planned for the master bedroom on ground floor....;-)

And the bed ratchet strapped to the floor and head board hilti bolted to the wall! No budge then when the jack hammer comes out. Sure you wouldn't hear a dicky bird! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement